FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Biden refuses to kiss popes ring.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I see where Biden refused to kiss the popes ring. He said his mother told him no one is better than him and his father told him its all about dignity, so he did not kiss the popes ring. He also refused to kiss JP2's ring and the Queen of Englands ring. All about diginity. Doesn't stop him from kissing Obama's arse though.
Interesting.  I have not seen this story in the news.  I imagined that, for the sake of foreign relations, he would not be opposed to this sort of action.  Oh, and Biden is supposedly Catholic and this is the Pope we're talking about.  Why must I live in modern times?
(03-22-2013, 02:02 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]I see where Biden refused to kiss the popes ring. He said his mother told him no one is better than him and his father told him its all about dignity, so he did not kiss the popes ring. He also refused to kiss JP2's ring and the Queen of Englands ring. All about diginity. Doesn't stop him from kissing Obama's arse though.

For the record, no one kisses Queen Elizabeth's ring. Men bow and women curtsy. It wouldn't surprise me at all, tho, if Crazy Uncle Joe refused to bow.
Why do people keep acting like Biden is a Catholic ?

[Image: SignCrusade.png]
These kind of escapades by Biden, endear him to the lowly in the Progressive religion. This guy is such a phony, from his transplanted hair to his perfect capped teeth in his ear to ear grin, he screams goofy.

tim
I'm no fan of the administration.  However, if Mr. Biden attended the mass as the the official representative of a non-Catholic republic, which has no feudal connection to Rome, it was appropriate for him to refrain from offering the symbolic gesture of subservient love (the kiss).

It is the same logic that places the president on the same "level" as her royal majesty, Queen Elizabeth, even though our presidents are commoners under English law. 

There are very old, and very well established diplomatic protocols for the forms of respect nations show each other in these situations. 

If, however, Mr. Biden went to the mass in his capacity as an ordinary Catholic, then he acted wrongly for several reasons, the least of which is using his official capacity as the vice president to wangle an audience. 
(03-22-2013, 06:53 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]These kind of escapades by Biden, endear him to the lowly in the Progressive religion. This guy is such a phony, from his transplanted hair to his perfect capped teeth in his ear to ear grin, he screams goofy.

tim

Yeah...the plugs. It's the plugs.

He looks like those d-bags on the Bosley commercials.
(03-22-2013, 10:10 AM)Armor of Light Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2013, 06:53 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]These kind of escapades by Biden, endear him to the lowly in the Progressive religion. This guy is such a phony, from his transplanted hair to his perfect capped teeth in his ear to ear grin, he screams goofy.

tim

Yeah...the plugs. It's the plugs.

He looks like those d-bags on the Bosley commercials.
Maybe the pope refused to let him kiss his ring.( I can dream can't I)Maybe he (the pope) was nervous about cooties. Biden should not be given photo ops IMO.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
Curious.... other politicians and their wives have visited with popes over the years.... any of them kiss the rings?  What about Kennedys since they were the only other "Catholics"....  if Biden were a better politician, he could have faked it with an air-kiss and not actually touched the ring....  on second thought maybe he was worried if his heathen lips touched a papal ring, he'd be branded on the spot!! like in the movies when holy water goes on a demon
Pages: 1 2 3