FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mnemonic to Remember the Orders of Angels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I'm working on a a little sub-section I started eons ago for the Being Catholic section of the FishEaters site -- a few pages about the angels, demons, and spiritual warfare. During this, I've gotten stuck trying to come up with a really good mnemonic device to help folks remember the Orders of the Angels. Anybody want to help a sister out? I'm wanting the mnemonic to be set up so that letters that repeat (e.g. Powers and Principalities both start with the letter P) are followed by the second letter in the word.

In ascending order, we've got: Angels, Archangels, Principalities, Powers, Virtues, Dominions, Thrones, Cherubim, and Seraphim, which gives us:

An Ar Pr Po V D T C S

Any ideas for something memorable?
An Argument Provides Possible Violent Destructive Tempers Considerable Stress....?

Well - I tried!
(03-23-2013, 05:27 AM)tridentinist Wrote: [ -> ]An Argument Provides Possible Violent Destructive Tempers Considerable Stress....?

Well - I tried!

LOL  I think I'd need a mnenomic to remember that mnemonic! teehee
An Archangel Prays Powerfully Visiting Down The City Street?

What about "Angry Arrestees Provoke Police; Violently Destroy The Crime Scene"?

Hmmm.. maybe not memorable enough...
Angry, Arrogant, Progressives Populate...... Violently Destroying The Catholic Scene?  :shrug:
Ann Arbor Provides Possible Victories During Touchdown Cseason

Sorry about the cseason
Any arguing proves possibly very dangerous to catholic sinners...
An Argentinian prelate pontificates very dogmatically to catholic sinners...saints...sensibilities..
(03-23-2013, 10:16 AM)Biddy Wrote: [ -> ]Any arguing proves possibly very dangerous to catholic sinners...

This one and Jovan's were pretty good, I think.

Any Arduous Problem Posed Vexes Daring Theological Catholic Scholars...  :LOL:
Pages: 1 2