FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis visits Benedict XVI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A very strange sight seeing the two of them together.

I really love how his altar is set up. Veiled crucifix, tabernacle in the center, and six candles.
Benedict looks so frail.  I hope they had time to speak alone, without all the cameras and media around. 
(03-23-2013, 12:09 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Benedict looks so frail. 

On another forum people are mentioning this too. I can't believe he appears to have declined so much in the past month. 
(03-23-2013, 12:29 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]

On another forum people are mentioning this too. I can't believe he appears to have declined so much in the past month. 

Yes.  Perhaps he made the right decision after all, despite all the whining we've heard about the "novelty" of abdicating.  He hardly looks like a man capable of taking on a bunch of wolves. 
(03-23-2013, 12:29 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, older people can decline very quickly, and they often know it's coming before others see it.
By comparison Pope Francis looks stronger. But at his Mass I saw he needed help walking and up and down the stairs. Lord help them and us Amen.

tim
:' Very touching to see.
Beautiful, and sad.
(03-23-2013, 12:09 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Benedict looks so frail.  I hope they had time to speak alone, without all the cameras and media around. 

I thought so, too. Pope Francis had to help him kneel on the  prie dieu. Still Pope Benedict greeted him so warmly.
Pages: 1 2