FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pledge of Allegiance to Pope Francis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There is a site where you can put your name on a pledge:
We, the undersigned, voluntarily of our own accord, during this Holy Year of Faith, wishing to express our solidarity with the Church, purchased at such cost, unite with our beloved Pope Benedict XVI Emeritus, in pledging our obedience and support, together with the College of Cardinals and Bishops in union with the Church, to Pope Francis.

They will send him the list of names at some point. It is here: http://www.catholicfeast.com/a-pledge-of...the-church

Post from  John Fisher

Concerning Pope Francis I read he did nothing to stop clergy coohabiting with males and females in his dioces in Argentina. I read a sex change man and his male partner had an IVF child baptised and even received Communion. It was in the cathedral!
Catholic laity are not stupid. We know who our "gay" priests are and yes we know few are celebate. They find ways of doing what they feel. There is a clear link betweeb sexal abuse of minors and adults. The Church must have a zero tolerance to all sexual abuse! Also read the riot act to priests who do not keep celebacy!!!!

What are we to believe?
(03-24-2013, 10:32 AM)FlosCampi Wrote: [ -> ]What are we to believe?

What we believe from all the stories being circulated is irrelevant.  Francis is our Pope. 

I was watching the conclave coverage.  There was about an hour between the white smoke rising and the announcement  on the balcony.  During that time the crowd was shouting "Viva il Papa" and in my heart I joined them, even before we knew who had been elected pope.  We were filled with joy because we knew we had a pope.  We did not wait to find out who he was or to scrutinize his record before we rejoiced. 

Personally I do not pay any attention to papal stories or predictions in the media or on forums.  Virtually none of these people were able to predict who would be elected pope.  Why would I trust what they have to say now? 

Besides, I already know enough to give my allegiance.  Francis is my Pope.

[/quote] Personally I do not pay any attention to papal stories or predictions in the media or on forums.  Virtually none of these people were able to predict who would be elected pope.  Why would I trust what they have to say now?  Besides, I already know enough to give my allegiance.  Francis is my Pope.  [/quote]

:crucifix:
Ubi Petrus, ibi ecclesia

As a true Franciscan it is my duty to be faithful to the Holy Father and to uphold his honor and dignity as the Vicar of Christ on earth.  There are many conflicting stories and the media is out to find anything that might be considered scandal or a detriment to him. Ignore that junk!  Pray for our duly elected Pope!  Please do not slander, detract, or dishonor him.  Let us trust in God and see what He has in store for us through His Vicar.
Signed and passed on.
Thank you Jayne.
way to go jane you dispersed the first document that could lead to another official schism in the church...since it pronounces 2 Popes. There is not 2 Popes...there is now Pope Frances...Cardinal Joseph is retired...he is due only that respect due a cardinal archbishop...Pope emeritus is a novelty and another nail into the body of Traditionalism. IMO.
And besides, he doesn't wear red shoes!!!  Yet another novelty.  By refusing the red shoes, Francis has spit in Our Lord's face.  It's disgraceful. 

And novel.  Very novel. 
I read that the red shoes are to remind the Pope of the blood of the Passion of Jesus, of whom he is the vicar.  It's not a fashion statement.  To me it is a minor affair, but it is an example how false humility can have negative consequences, i.e. this symbolism is no longer present.
(03-24-2013, 12:14 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]And besides, he doesn't wear red shoes!!!  Yet another novelty.  By refusing the red shoes, Francis has spit in Our Lord's face.  It's disgraceful. 

And novel.  Very novel. 
they should wear sackcloth and ashes.
(03-24-2013, 12:20 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]I read that the red shoes are to remind the Pope of the blood of the Passion of Jesus, of whom he is the vicar.  It's not a fashion statement.  To me it is a minor affair, but it is an example how false humility can have negative consequences, i.e. this symbolism is no longer present.

From what I understand, it is less that he wants to wear simple shoes to show his humility, and more that the shoes he has were a gift from his personal friends.  So, more sentimental than anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 4