FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis to possibly close the Vatican Bank?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Could this be legit?

http://angelqueen.org/2013/03/24/pope-fr...iven-bank/

If true and he decides to do this, could his life be in danger?
The short answer: yes.
Interesting.  I don't know too much about the "Vatican Bank," but it seems like basically an endowment used to fund charitable and religious works.  I could see such a thing being reoganized, but completely getting rid of it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of purpose.  On the other hand, it does seem to have a long history of problems. Of course, there could also be nothing too this at all.  There's already been some media driven urban legends that have been debunked  (the supposed banishment of Cardinal Law, the "carnival" comment, etc.). 

Also, in other at-this-time-unsubstantiated rumor news mentioned in this article and others,  if he moves into the papal apartment of his cathedral, St. John's, the St. Malachy prophecy will gain some new life. He already seems very focused on his role as the bishop of Rome, and of caring in particular for the Roman people, actually living in Rome proper rather than Vatican City would make it very easy to identfy him with the name, Peter the Roman...
If true and he decides to do this, could his life be in danger?

Do you think he knows this and maybe thats why he keeps asking for us to pray for him, and his emphasis on the intercession of our Blessed Mother?? 
Oh wow!
Quote:On a visit to the papal apartment, Francis had been struck by its size, Archbishop Celli said. The new Pope said: “There’s room for 300 people here.” He said he wanted to live “in simplicity and sharing with others”.

Er. I love our Holy Father. But I really do wish someone would tell him that the truly humble thing would be to just accept the living arrangements of his predecessors. Why cause all the trouble by having security and the rest of the staff go out of the way to accommodate his idiosyncrasies and personal preferences?

But anyway. If he wants the veneer of humility, there is always that Vatican monastery where Benedict is going to be staying at.
The Holy Fathers life is always in danger regardless of weather he closes a bank or not.
(03-25-2013, 01:19 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting.  I don't know too much about the "Vatican Bank," but it seems like basically an endowment used to fund charitable and religious works.  I could see such a thing being reoganized, but completely getting rid of it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of purpose.  On the other hand, it does seem to have a long history of problems. Of course, there could also be nothing too this at all.  There's already been some media driven urban legends that have been debunked  (the supposed banishment of Cardinal Law, the "carnival" comment, etc.). 

Also, in other at-this-time-unsubstantiated rumor news mentioned in this article and others,  if he moves into the papal apartment of his cathedral, St. John's, the St. Malachy prophecy will gain some new life. He already seems very focused on his role as the bishop of Rome, and of caring in particular for the Roman people, actually living in Rome proper rather than Vatican City would make it very easy to identfy him with the name, Peter the Roman...
He can not be Peter the Roman if other prophecies like Bl. Anne-Marie Taigi's among others are true as they speak of the Great Pontiff being elected after the three days of darkness by an apparition of Ss. Peter and Paul who shine a light on the cardinal candidate. Either the whole thing is false or the last two phrases are false or they really are two different phrases and there more Pontiffs in-between. I lean toward the last opinion.
If I'm not mistaken Peter the Roman and the Pontiff chosen by Peter and Paul are two different ones. In the latter it is necessary for Peter and Paul to return because there is no Pope or Conclave. Peter the Roman is the end of the normal succession. My guess is he'll be a Russian, because the Orthodox will return and if 3DD there will be no Europe anymore. Those are probably  the countries Our Lady said will be annihilated.

tim
Or maybe these "private revelations" are nonsense and a colossal waste of our time.
Pages: 1 2