FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Islamic rebels demand $250,000 for kidnapped Catholic priest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-27-2013, 12:31 AM)tradne4163 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2013, 07:57 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote: [ -> ]Give me a swat team with high-power rifles, and we'll show the rebels how a Crusade starts  :draw:

Why pay $250,000 when it only takes about $25 of ammunition.
$25 dollars? Ammo is that cheap?

When you're a good shot, you don't need much.
this has actually become extremely common throughout the middle east. so much so that there are now specific charities set up solely for the raising of ransom money for abducted Catholic priests.

wonder if the UN thinks there's an issue here...? Nope, they're cool with it.
(03-27-2013, 01:32 AM)Gods Pitbull Wrote: [ -> ]this has actually become extremely common throughout the middle east. so much so that there are now specific charities set up solely for the raising of ransom money for abducted Catholic priests.

The Mercedarian Order needs a revival.
(03-27-2013, 01:44 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2013, 01:32 AM)Gods Pitbull Wrote: [ -> ]this has actually become extremely common throughout the middle east. so much so that there are now specific charities set up solely for the raising of ransom money for abducted Catholic priests.

The Mercedarian Order needs a revival.

agreed. them or someone like them...
(03-26-2013, 01:58 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't there orders founded to free captives during the crusades, and didn't they raise funds for the release of these captives?  :pray2:

Yes. But the key phrase of your question is "during the crusades," as in "She was also fighting the Mohammedans like men."

If I could ever fight the infidel without the men of this world running under their covers and covering their ears and trembling like school girls or marching around the capital to protest like school girls, then I would gladly give all of my money (and my life) to free this priest. But so long as the soldier is vilified and force universally condemned, there's not much I can do... except fight them and be hated in the process.
(03-27-2013, 04:59 PM)US_Soldier Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2013, 01:58 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't there orders founded to free captives during the crusades, and didn't they raise funds for the release of these captives?  :pray2:

Yes. But the key phrase of your question is "during the crusades," as in "She was also fighting the Mohammedans like men."

If I could ever fight the infidel without the men of this world running under their covers and covering their ears and trembling like school girls or marching around the capital to protest like school girls, then I would gladly give all of my money (and my life) to free this priest. But so long as the soldier is vilified and force universally condemned, there's not much I can do... except fight them and be hated in the process.

Well, there's no country currently on earth for whom you could "fight the infidel" without fighting FOR the infidel.
(03-27-2013, 05:09 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there's no country currently on earth for whom you could "fight the infidel" without fighting FOR the infidel.

"America has done more for the cause of Christianity than the most powerful nations of Christendom" - Pope Pius VII on the First Babary War.

America is not run by Muslims. One who fights in her Army might fight for heretics, blasphemers, and schismatics, but he does not fight for infidels.

Do you think the First Barbary War was about fighting muslims for the sake of Christianity? Not even in the slightest. By modern standards it would in no way be considered just. Yet Pius VII still made his remarks. But Pius VII, of course, was pope long before the modernist infiltration and sissification of all things masculine, just, and courageous. In other words he was pope before Vatican II, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Despite the hate that the American military receives on this site, we have removed more infidels from this planet in the last 10 years than any other (non-infidel) country has in the past 100.

But, as I said...
(03-28-2013, 07:00 PM)US_Soldier Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2013, 05:09 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there's no country currently on earth for whom you could "fight the infidel" without fighting FOR the infidel.

"America has done more for the cause of Christianity than the most powerful nations of Christendom" - Pope Pius VII on the First Babary War.

America is not run by Muslims. One who fights in her Army might fight for heretics, blasphemers, and schismatics, but he does not fight for infidels.

Do you think the First Barbary War was about fighting muslims for the sake of Christianity? Not even in the slightest. By modern standards it would in no way be considered just. Yet Pius VII still made his remarks. But Pius VII, of course, was pope long before the modernist infiltration and sissification of all things masculine, just, and courageous. In other words he was pope before Vatican II, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Despite the hate that the American military receives on this site, we have removed more infidels from this planet in the last 10 years than any other (non-infidel) country has in the past 100.

But, as I said...

Compared to the non-Catholics, the Catholics are producing more children in the US, so it won't be too many more generations until we're in the majority. It's happening in Germany too. The Lutherans have almost no children, whereas you get down into Bavaria and the Catholic part of Schwaben, and you'll see some families with 10 children. When Pope Benedict visited Bavaria and saw all the big families, he said, "The Lutherans are contracepting themselves out of existence."
:pray2:
As an aside, a military action is not necessarily just simply because it is directed toward non-Catholics. The criteria used for determining the justice of a war apply regardless of the religious beliefs of one's enemies.
Pages: 1 2 3