FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Flores Ecclesia, Saints' Calendar testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm never quite sure which forum feels best here to post saints' and spirituality based threads.  :)

In any case..

I asked for permission to post this request and here is the request.

The new Saints' Calendar (saintscalendar.net) website is currently in a testing phase.

So the request is for people who are willing to take a look at the Monthly Calendar and see whether it works, and functions properly in all respects and in good appearance.

Everyone is welcome to test it out. If you have something like a phone, tablet, Linux, etc. it would be especially helpful to hear if it works properly or not. But anything and everything it needs to be tested with.

The calendar is not complete yet, I suppose it is in an alpha or beta stage. Portions of the webpage are being edited, etc. Please folks, a click and a reply via PM with 'It works' or, 'It doesn't work' and any comments, would be appreciated, and if you can include what kind of computer and browser you are using in your reply, this will help.

Thanks very much for the help! It is appreciated!

:)

'Flores apparuerunt in terra nostra. . . Fulcite me floribus.
(The flowers appear on the earth. . . stay me up with flowers. Sg 2:5-12)'
And folks, even if it's just the briefest 'Everything looks fine.' PM, after a short look, it's really appreciated. :)

Works great on my laptop. On my Blackberry, I have to move the screen around to find the date (the graphic is too large for the screen), but it's still handy.

However, I have to ask. What Calender are you using? The Feast of Ss Philip and James has not been kept on 1 May since the institution of the Feast of St Joseph the Worker on that date by Pope Pius XII in 1955.
It's a calendar from a book called Flores Ecclesia, which gives a saints' flower for each day, and is quite, quite old.

From A.D. 1849 actually. For devotion.

Will have the Latin names in for the flowers in time too, God willing.

:)

'This little work is put forth with the view of restoring, in some degree at least, that ancient feeling by which Catholics of old used in every thing to find some sacred memento or symbol of their holy religion.

The Monastic Orders were well acquainted with the study of botany, upwards of 300 medicinal plants being known to and made use by them; such as, Cross-flower, S. John's Wort, &c., which are to be found in our modern medicinal works under new, and in many cases far less appropriate, names, e.g. Milkwort, Tutsan, &c.

Flowers were dedicated in honour of the Mysteries of the Faith and of the Saints of the Church: it will frequently be found that their appropriate flowers blossom around the time of their Festivals; e.g. the Snowdrop (anciently known by the name of Fair Maid) is dedicated in honour of the Purification, and the Marygold, and Our Lady's Smock, in honour of the Annunciation of Our Lady, &c.; so that in those times a garden was considered to be replete with holy thoughts, and Christians loved to discover in each opening bud some holy symbol of their Lord or His Saints, as in the Passion-flower are portrayed the various instruments of that most adorable Mystery.

In conclusion, the author desires to express his thanks for the assistance of several friends, whether by the loan of works on the subject, or by their direct personal assistance; and he earnestly hopes that this publication may tend to the revival of that deep piety to Christ and His Saints, which is one of the distinctive characteristics of the ages of faith.

W.H.J.W.'

- Flores Ecclesia
(03-28-2013, 12:36 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Works great on my laptop. On my Blackberry, I have to move the screen around to find the date (the graphic is too large for the screen), but it's still handy.

However, I have to ask. What Calender are you using? The Feast of Ss Philip and James has not been kept on 1 May since the institution of the Feast of St Joseph the Worker on that date by Pope Pius XII in 1955.

How does the daily calendar work for you on the Blackberry? Is it a good size? May I ask?

Thank you very much for taking the time!!

I don't have a smartphone myself so when someone with one comes by and tests things out I always appreciate it. Thanks for your help. :D
(03-28-2013, 01:04 AM)shin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2013, 12:36 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]Works great on my laptop. On my Blackberry, I have to move the screen around to find the date (the graphic is too large for the screen), but it's still handy.

How does the daily calendar work for you on the Blackberry? Is it a good size? May I ask?

Thank you very much for taking the time!!

I don't have a smartphone myself so when someone with one comes by and tests things out I always appreciate it. Thanks for your help. :D

The daily calendar works beautifully on my Blackberry. No problems at all, just scroll down to read everything. But again, what Calendar are you using?