FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Read the Bible, don't watch "The Bible"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

A small note here on something else I noticed... In the scene of the last supper, Judas received directly on the tongue from the hand of Our Lord. He was the only one who did so. And then he ran outside and spit Him out. Disturbing.

I've been watching it ever since it started and I have to agree with Mike on this one.The Last Supper scene, among others, was horrible. I believe the producers are protestants though, so no surprise there.
The entire New Testament of that show has been awful and completely unbiblical. Even the words of Jesus are changed, with many crucial ones ommitted mid-phrase. Evey depiction has been done in a manner completely foreign to the Bible and traditional ones, while new unbiblical scense have been inserted.
Compare this, done by Protestants, versus Mel Gibson's Passion, which, from my understanding, is pretty accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong though. But I feel that Catholics (and probably the Orthodox) don't have to change things to justify their beliefs.
I watch this with my wife and we both end up absolutely puzzled during most of the events. She asked me about the last supper "the one who eats this bread betrays me" , she asked "why did Judas receive the bread in a communion like manner?" "are they saying that every person at that table knew it was Judas that was going to betray the Lord? I don't get why they are implying only Peter would've tried to stop Judas from leaving". Of course I had to pull two bibles out and search online for other translations to see how the show came to this retelling. I couldn't find anything.

The only thing I could think of to *justify* what they did was "perhaps they are saying even sinners go for communion when they should not. Him spitting out the bread is like your soul rejecting the Eucharist while being in a state of mortal sin. "

now, I really doubt this or some similar reason is the answer. I think the real answer lies in the show's title "The Bible. The History Channel's Original Story".
It wasn't clear to me that this is an episode of Michael Voris's The Vortex. When I'm at work, certain posts in this forum don't display correctly. I'm glad I didn't waste any time watching the show...
(03-27-2013, 02:12 PM)Farmer88 Wrote: [ -> ]Compare this, done by Protestants, versus Mel Gibson's Passion, which, from my understanding, is pretty accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong though. But I feel that Catholics (and probably the Orthodox) don't have to change things to justify their beliefs.

qft
Mel Gibson's THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST has never been seen around Easter on the major networks even though it was one of the biggest grossing movies of all time, I guess the Jews and ADL of Hollywood will only let us see milk toast stuff like The Sound of Music. which is on  every year.
(03-27-2013, 07:21 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Mel Gibson's THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST has never been seen around Easter on the major networks even though it was one of the biggest grossing movies of all time, I guess the Jews and ADL of Hollywood will only let us see milk toast stuff like The Sound of Music. which is on  every year.

Last year a few Protestant networks did play the Passion Of the Christ. I can't remember which ones exactly, but I hope they do the same this year. I also hope they continue to show the Ten Commandments.
Protestants use POTC as an evangalism tool. Secretly they all want to accept the BVM as a sinless saint who isn't just a vessel, which is why they don't notice just how Marian the film really is.
Pages: 1 2