FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis' Holy Thursday Mass: 3 minute homily, women's feet washed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I'm getting this from the Catholic News Service Twitter feed.

Oh, guitars are playing during the feet washing.
Thankfully Vatican tv isn't showing live vid but only live audio.
Somebody told me the Pope is a charismatic Catholic! Huh?
"The washing of the feet of chosen men which, according to tradition, is performed on this day, represents the service and charity of Christ, who came ‘not to be served, but to serve’ (Matt XX: 28)...this tradition should be maintained, and its proper significance explained.”

-CDWDS document, "Paschales Solemnitatis", 1988
The Mass is currently airing on EWTN (can watch through online stream)
(03-28-2013, 01:15 PM)Carthusian Wrote: [ -> ]The Mass is currently airing on EWTN (can watch through online stream)

That's a replay of the Chrism Mass.
That is a repeat of the Chrism Mass from this morning, not the Mass at the prison.

(03-28-2013, 01:15 PM)Carthusian Wrote: [ -> ]The Mass is currently airing on EWTN (can watch through online stream)
(03-28-2013, 01:18 PM)Oatmeal Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a replay of the Chrism Mass.

I'm liking the the Chrism Mass Homily [EWTN]. He just directed some basics to the priests, renewing their vows, telling them to get out there and do their jobs, "unction not function" and so forth. And he mentioned Pelagians! —he's SLAUGHTERING fat rich snobby Bishops; wish he'd just say "Dolan" (and "excommunicated") because Pope BXVI's warning to the subversives just damned them (since they didn't change and keep their collars, thank you Schonborn). But LOVIN this Homily! (Okay, I like the trappings and fine cloths, and I wish the altar was against the wall, but you can't have everything.)

So... guitars at the Muslim kids' simple Mass? I hope His Holiness isn't turning to torture to convert the Muslims juveniles. LOL
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
Here's the full text of the chrism Mass homily:

http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-homily-f...-full-text

It's interesting, especially the part where he contrasts priests as mediators between God and man to priests as intermediaries and managers who have "already received their reward."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21