FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Some folks had better chill OUT around here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

I just deleted a thread in which people are throwing around the word "fag," promoting sedevacantism, and whatever else. The two main rule-breakers - and I'm sure they know who they are -- are being warned right now. Next time, you'll be banned. ENOUGH of the ridiculous chatter. If you want to just vent, go elsewhere. If you have serious points to make, then make them without talking like a bunch of kindergartners. Got it?

Re-read the rules and mind them:  http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...orum_rules First and final warning.

I know what you mean. if it crosses a line into hate speech you could be sued. It is unfair that Catholic haters can call for outright violence and death for us, and they're serious. Yet they are totally protected under freedom of speech.
(03-31-2013, 11:22 PM)lauermar Wrote: [ -> ]I know what you mean. if it crosses a line into hate speech you could be sued. It is unfair that Catholic haters can call for outright violence and death for us, and they're serious. Yet they are totally protected under freedom of speech.

Yeah, that "hate speech" thing, the likely threat of FEMA camps someday, etc. -- but the worst part of it is that it harms the cause for which this site exists in the first place. All it takes is one idiot to make the whole place look bad, and it makes me mad. Most of the folks here are good, kind, giving people who truly love Jesus and want to restore the human element of the Church. For them -- and me and my work (all the labor put into the main site itself) -- to be besmirched because a small handful of people can't control their mouths is aggravating.  And my having to post about it periodically is boring. I hate knowing I'm being boring.

In the past week or so, I've had someone basically wishing His Holiness would die of unnatural causes, someone expressing the idea that someone should off a professor, someone saying (literally) that a dry "how do you do?" is more than a Muslim deserves, a couple of people throwing the word "fag" around -- it all just makes the place feel so charming, inviting, warm, and Christ-like. Love it. In response to the first bit, about Pope Francis, I got this email with a "Reporting to authoritees" (his spelling) subject line:

[html]
Quote: This and I quote:

Is it wrong to hope that the security issues of the Pope residing in the Domus Sanctae Marthae may cause this pontificate to be a brief one, if you get my drift?

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...69.10.html

In 4 hours I willbe a;lerting the FBI and the Italian authrorities

Don't worry because I speak Italian.

Shameful
[/html]

When he saw I took the post down, I get this condescending bit o' nonsense -- with a "Thank you" subject line -- that made me want to laugh in his face and ask him who the heck he thinks he IS:

[html]
Quote: for taking the comment down

no public withdrawal or condemnation

so I and the offices I contacted will be watching you folks

play nice and no more dreams of death for the Holy Father.

mmkay?
[/html]

Like I wrote the freakin' post he's whining about (and as if the poster actually did make a threat, though the post needed to be deleted because I know there are idiots like this emailer who'd take it that way and because it was a grossly un-Catholic thing to write). That little "mmkay?" is so smart-ass, and his yammering at me because I just took the post down but didn't moderate to HIS specifications really just annoys me. How completely arrogant. I really hate being talked to like that -- especially for stuff someone else posts. Note the "you folks" -- plural, all of us -- because ONE person couldn't figure out how such a post would be seen? Yup, we're all a bunch of extremists -- potential assassins even! -- because a very few people have no prudence at all. I keep posting about how that's the way it works, that's how people think, that people see something like that and will write off not just the forum, but the FE website and traditional Catholicism itself (!!!), but either some people don't care, are too stupid to know how to play right, or are plants put here to make "traditional Catholicism" look like a "movement" filled with nutters. It's gotta stop. I'm cracking down on it.

Some people do not get how "report post" works. It is to let you know about posts that could be a problem, not to give you orders about what to do about them.  :eyeroll:

How hard is it for people to figure out that Vox is in charge here?
(04-01-2013, 07:14 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]Some people do not get how "report post" works. It is to let you know about posts that could be a problem, not to give you orders about what to do about them.   :eyeroll:

How hard is it for people to figure out that Vox is in charge here?

Yeah! This! LOL

Glad to have you back after your Lenten absence, Miss Jayne!  Happy Eastertide to ya :)
Vox,
  Me and Jayne need to keep a lower profile, too. A newbie said, trying to be in the know, that we were the "mods". I nearly peed my pants. Some where in the bloguverse there is place which seems to be spewing crap about fisheaters. I checked the nearby satellite but I didn't find anything. It is very curious to me. I appears some are losing their minds.

tim
(04-01-2013, 08:24 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Vox,
  Me and Jayne need to keep a lower profile, too. A newbie said, trying to be in the know, that we were the "mods". I nearly peed my pants. Some where in the bloguverse there is place which seems to be spewing crap about fisheaters. I checked the nearby satellite but I didn't find anything. It is very curious to me. I appears some are losing their minds.

tim

I've read and heard about some crazy stuff about this forum and about me. Stuff that's way off base, mostly off base, or completely surreal. I've heard that Jayne is, in essence, my Svengali, that she says "jump!" and I say "how high?" --- I mean, "how high, Ma'am?!" I've heard that I "worship" people I've barely heard of, that Quis, That Woman (Laura Bookworm) and I are all the same people, that I'm a feminist and a modernist, that Jayne is an "agent provacateur" (though, if it were true, I'd call her a "provacateuse" since I'm not actually a feminist -- at least not a man-hating gender feminist, though I believe in equal pay for equal work and the idea that women should be able to legally own property and aren't chattel, which, I guess, is seriously astonishing and likely "heretical" to some of the he-boy rad trad types) -- all kinds of strangeness!

If I were to have a mod, though, you, Tim, would have my vote. You're just too cool for school, paisan'!

In any case, don't lay low. That's the last thing I need. Seriously.

Frankly, I like to think I'm like old Jerry Orbach, may he RIP, of Law and Order. Poor Jayne, it must be tough telling you what to do all day long.

:grin:

tim
(04-01-2013, 10:05 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Frankly, I like to think I'm like old Jerry Orbach, may he RIP, of Law and Order. Poor Jayne, it must be tough telling you what to do all day long.

tim

I wonder if it is because I seem so bossy that some people think that I give Vox orders.  In reality, it comes much closer to her saying "Jump" and me saying "How high?"  except she is more tactful when she tells me what to do.

(04-01-2013, 12:16 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2013, 10:05 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Frankly, I like to think I'm like old Jerry Orbach, may he RIP, of Law and Order. Poor Jayne, it must be tough telling you what to do all day long.

tim

I wonder if it is because I seem so bossy that some people think that I give Vox orders.  In reality, it comes much closer to her saying "Jump" and me saying "How high?"  except she is more tactful when she tells me what to do.

Not to worry Jayne, the baddies hate us cause we are beautiful.

tim
Pages: 1 2 3