FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Don't cry for me Argentina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The song goes ...

Don't cry for me Argentina
The truth is I never left you.

And as for fortune and as for fame
I never invited them in
Though it seemed to the world
They were all I desired
--------------------------
Don't cry for me Argentina

There's nothing more I can think of to say to you
But all you have to do is look at me to know
That every word is true.
----------------------------
Don't cry for me Traditionalist

No llores por me Tradicionalista,
Ni me dejes de su suporta,
Porque les aseguro
De mi fidelidad no oscuro

Que tabiem la amo y ademas
tanto como tu la amas.

No llores por mi Iglesia adorada,
A ti le servira con todo mi poder,
de cambio de la formada
Mal discha, que nos dio de saber

Por todos estos años
De mas de cinquenta los daños
que hemos sufrido
Ayuda me a restorar lo todo
Que se ha perdido
-- VPA

The Church will live on.  Not because of the number of members she has; nor because of the grandeur of her majestic facade; nor because of the wisdom of her saints, nor the richness of her past.  She will live on because of the divine guaranty and assurance that was given to her by her Founder, Jesus Christ.

Ninety-nine percent of traditional Catholics have lost hope, or a least have given it up.  It is strange to think of this since the traditionalist mind prays daily the prayer of Faith, Hope and Charity.  Or do we pray but we pay no mind?

In 2005 when the white smoke rose from the Conclave and we were presented the newly elcted Pope, Cardinal Ratzinger, my heart sank.  Why him, out of many?  Having given the opportunity he had once tried to dismantle at the Second Vatican Council what his predecessors have built through two centuries the divine institution founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ .  He had, along with quasi-modernists and true modernists such as Congar, Kung, Rahner, et al., his own vision of what the modern Church should be.  That the dismantlers succeeded we have before us the results and effects of the outcome and the consequences.

However, a significant and extremely severe change happened as Cardinal Ratzinger came out at the Loggia as Pope.  As if one passes through a thin veil that transcends one aspect to another be it for better or for worse, it came to fruit.

Quote:With their participation in the Second Vatican Council, two German theologians have been instrumental in shaping modern Catholicism like few others, namely Karl Rahner and Joseph Ratzinger. Both were collaborators on a wide array of issues in theology and ecclesiology, but their ways were to part after the Council, and according to many observers, one of them, Ratzinger, was to undergo a signicant and absolute change of heart. This change of direction does not cease to puzzle Catholics today, which makes it worthwhile to take a closer look at it. If indeed,Ratzinger not so much abandoned as developed further his already existing views,it would be of considerable importance for how we can think of the reception of the Council and its final documents. If, however, Ratzinger did change completely, the question could be what caused this change and how does the conversion affect the Church. By comparing the development of both theologians before, during, and after the Council, the present study wants to hypothesize that Ratzinger did not change as much as became more rigid in his already existing neo-Augustinian ideas, while Rahner probably underwent a far greater change following the Council.
“Si un hombre nunca se contradice, será porque nunca dice nada.“  ---Miguel de Unamuno

"I did not change; they did..."

Quote:Ever since in the early days of the First session of the Second Ecumenical Vatican Council the participating bishops refused to discuss the schemata presented by the largely curial preparatory commission, it has been the common perception that at the Council two monolithic blocs faced on in a clash over the future of the Church.  According to lore, the attempts of ultramontanist traditionalists to maintain the status quo failed due to the overwhelming conformity among progressive reformers.

While there is truth in this, the notion that the reformers agreed on virtually all issues is certainly an oversimplification. The documents of the Council remain notoriously ambiguous, and the fact that the very same decrees have been used to argue on endiametrically opposed positions suggests that general agreement on broad issues at the Council did not translate into general accord on every detail. Unanimous votes on either side of the divide easily betray the great diversity of opinions that was present among the 2,500 bishops at Vatican II. The persistent notion of a homogenous front of bishops and theologians trying to lead Catholicism into the (not quite so) new era of modernity against obstinate traditionalists makes it difficult to evaluate postconciliar controversies among formerallies at the Council.  How is it, one might ask, that previous reformers suddenly reversed course and advocated views worthy of a Cardinal Ottaviani? It is, of course, a truism that the only thing in life that does not change is change itself, but to betray one’s earlier convictions in favor of former adversaries has the bitter aftertaste of selling out. Few have been accused of such an extreme volte-face as often and as bitterly as Joseph Ratzinger, the current Pope

Benedict XVI, who participated in the Council as peritus, and has shaped the Catholic Church for the past forty years like few others.

Continue to
http://www.academia.edu/470398/_I_did_no...an_Council

What, if any, made Ratzinger's transformation, or was he truly transformed?  Unless we can decipher his sudden and unprecedented resignation of the papacy, it would be difficult to know.  However, there is an apparent leitmotif that follows the sudden reappearance of a person, particularly if he is in a position of power.  Did he perceive something ominous looming in the near future and did not want to have to face it or have a hand on it, as a consequence of what he had done in the past? 

Fast forward to 2013. 

A new Pope.  A new hope?  Hardly it seems.  Even before the white smoke wafted into the night and before the dust cleared from the ledge of the balcony, the censures, faultfinding and severe judgments began.  Never one to give one iota of "let's see what happens," true to form the radical traditionalist (aren't 99 percent cut of this cloth?) flung out its invectives, denunciations and reproaches.  How so and why?  Because the new pope was out of the league, an outsider, a man with a past.  Isn't this what we were given since the election of Bl. John Paul II and Cardinal Ratzinger?  Not only strangers to the office of the papacy as we have come to know it, but from countries known to have been infected with heresy of the fascist and communist kind.  Wasn't Argentina the refuge found by many of Hitler's men, who now have assimilated into the culture and gained respectability, even though Mossad relentless keeps the search  and and if found  assassinate them?

We ask why the distrust of someone practicing humility and deriding it as some kind of a false one?  Nobody cares to look into the past and ask this man was and is truly a humble man.  As if we traditionalists cannot differentiate what is truly humble, as perhaps St. Joseph, St. Francis, Ven. Solanus Casey, et al. were humble.  It is because we are incapable of being humble ourselves that we cannot see this virtue in many of those who prayerfully supplicate to imitate Jesus, whose Heart is meek and humble.

Let us give this Man chosen by his peers and apparently guided and inspired by the Holy Ghost to lead the Church out of the chaos of the horrible scandal that is about to burst into the open.  Is this why Ratzinger fled?  And is this the task that Francis has accepted and will give his utmost to eradicate and restore the Church and recover what has been lost.

Let us not read into what is not there or give a false reproach of what one sees what is there but assert that it is not actually.  I pray for him that he will not fail, as others before him since 50 years ago have failed.  If the prophecy is true, then the Church will reform as God has deemed in His Divine Plan.  If not, a terrible judgment awaits us all.

We see that the people love this man.  But we are TRADITIONALISTS and unfortunately we are incapable of giving such love.  We see but in our blindness, we don't.