FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. Cantalamessa and the new direction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Just read this.
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/04...me-is.html

Some of the V-II antagonists are really drooling now.
This is great!  Novus Ordo is the only way we can reach out to the world.  I'm so glad we are about to REALLY clean house.  Let's scrape off all the trappings!  Let's "sell the fucking Vatican," and then we'll be all set!

(04-02-2013, 12:09 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: [ -> ]This is great!  Novus Ordo is the only way we can reach out to the world.  I'm so glad we are about to REALLY clean house.  Let's scrape off all the trappings!  Let's "sell the f***ing Vatican," and then we'll be all set!

Ever since Pope Francis took a tour of the Papal Apartments, declared they could hold 300 people, and then decided not to live in them, I have been very worried that 300 poor people will be gathered up from around Rome and offered a spiffy new place to live.
  Huh? 
What could selling the treasures of the church do. Ya you could feed a small country for a few days and that is it. It wouldn't last long. It would not solve poverty.
(04-02-2013, 02:16 AM)aschauer82 Wrote: [ -> ]What could selling the treasures of the church do. Ya you could feed a small country for a few days and that is it. It wouldn't last long. It would not solve poverty.

Good point, and true.  Look how far the money went from the sale of the Papal tiara. 

The United Nations was going to end world hunger decades ago.  Very few problems are solved just by throwing money at them.  We have the means to greatly reduce poverty with international cooperation, strategic planning, technology and modern techniques, etc.  It is corrupt governments and corrupt bureaucrats that get in the way.
can't people think a little bit more seriously about this?

Beautiful Churches and Liturgy inspire people to love God and serve Him

These people go out and do good things for the poor

The poor are also inspired by beauty and liturgy to get themselves out of difficulties and become productive members of society.

The Church's contribution to the problem of poverty is to help people clean up their act and live modestly and responsibly, it is certainly not the goal of the Church to make everyone middle class, nor to subsidize an underclass with no interest in working.

If the Church just focused on beautiful liturgy and clear doctrine, many of the world's problems would sort themselves out.... All this talk about the poor is really irrelevant to the work of the Church in saving souls....
(04-02-2013, 01:05 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]The poor are also inspired by beauty and liturgy to get themselves out of difficulties and become productive members of society.

Not to mention, they are a consolation to people whose lives are otherwise very hard. I can say that from some experience of financial low points in my life.
(04-02-2013, 01:05 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]can't people think a little bit more seriously about this?

Beautiful Churches and Liturgy inspire people to love God and serve Him

These people go out and do good things for the poor

The poor are also inspired by beauty and liturgy to get themselves out of difficulties and become productive members of society.

The Church's contribution to the problem of poverty is to help people clean up their act and live modestly and responsibly, it is certainly not the goal of the Church to make everyone middle class, nor to subsidize an underclass with no interest in working.

If the Church just focused on beautiful liturgy and clear doctrine, many of the world's problems would sort themselves out.... All this talk about the poor is really irrelevant to the work of the Church in saving souls....
Your really right here. the church is about saving the soul of every man.

I know I am not middle class. Been a hard few years with the economy in america. I do not ask for a hand or anything but work hard as the church teaches us to do.

I go into a church, even the poor one near my house. I see the statues of the saints, and the alter set for mass I remained of something very important. There is a Heaven, there is a point to all this.

I think that is something we should never lose. The beauty of churches is a little taste of what has planned for all of us.
(04-02-2013, 01:05 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]... it is certainly not the goal of the Church to make everyone middle class, nor to subsidize an underclass with no interest in working....

Oh, come now!  It is the Church's duty to encourage states to forcibly exercise "Christian charity" on the poor--via gunpoint--in spite of the protests of unwilling taxpayers!
It does take bold moves to clean the curial house. Ceremony and bureaucracy are the stuff of complacency and status quo. I'm glad the Pope is keeping everyone on their toes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6