FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Paul VI letter question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Does anyone here know of a letter issued bu Pope Paul VI chastising or otherwise persuading lay adherents to TLM?
Wasn't installing the Novus Ordo enough of a chastisement to Traditionalists.
Are you planning to use this letter of Venerable Paul VI for your lectio divina?  We are encouraged, after all, to read the writings of the saints.
(04-03-2013, 07:28 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]Are you planning to use this letter of Venerable Paul VI for your lectio divina?  We are encouraged, after all, to read the writings of the saints.
Puke
I read Paul IV letter to ArchBishop Lefevre last night and, basking in the light of hind sight, found it quite revealing. I am attempting to articulate to a foe why a Mass celebrated by the SSPX is not 'illicit'.
(04-03-2013, 07:28 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]Are you planning to use this letter of Venerable Paul VI for your lectio divina?  We are encouraged, after all, to read the writings of the saints.

Shocked

Bold words.  Technically, he isn't a Saint: just determined to be personally orthodox and possessed of heroic virtue.
(04-03-2013, 08:27 PM)Parmandur Wrote: [ -> ]

Shocked

Bold words.  Technically, he isn't a Saint: just determined to be personally orthodox and possessed of heroic virtue.

Well, can't we use the writings of Venerables for lectio divina?

I would like to build a home altar to Venerable Paul VI and to call on him in all my difficulties.  In fact, I would like to form my whole spirituality based on his teaching and example.  Wouldn't that be just so keen?   LOL
any good in that letter? Highlights? I am not a paul 6 fan but a big supporter of sspx.
(04-03-2013, 08:43 PM)aschauer82 Wrote: [ -> ]any good in that letter? Highlights? I am not a paul 6 fan but a big supporter of sspx.

I am researching these things to be better able to articulate what was going on in the conciliar, post conciliar
era. I believe such a letter was issued for the purpose of intimidating traditional minded Catholics into thinking it was wrong to go to the Latin mass.
Thet time [early 70's].It would be intimidation cloaked in an apparent command where it wouldn't be 'legal' to outlaw TLM.
That should be interesting. Good luck
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6