FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Gay students at GW University try to "Banish" Catholic Chaplain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-04-2013, 10:29 AM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]95% of college students are intellectual morons. A bunch of lemmings following their professors off a cliff.


Being a recent college (BA, then MBA) grad, I can attest to this, and I can point fingers because I am in the 5%.


I went to a University of standing that is traditionally considered as "Christian", but was in fact extraordinary liberal. My "95% hypothesis" experience states that 95% of college students will graduate as liberal "free-thinkers" who get all their opinions from the media, sound bites, and bumper stickers.  The remaining 5% of us emerge as embittered, cynical conservatives  :grin:
(04-04-2013, 10:58 AM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised by how far he plans to take things in an effort to silence this priest and dismantle the Newman Center.  The fact that he's going to organise prayer vigils outside the center strikes me as a complete mockery of Catholicism, but I guess I shouldn't read too much into that.
It struck me as a mockery too.  I shudder to think that this is all done out of ignorance.  If so, then we've come to a not so pretty pass and I need to readjust my thinking on just how bad things really are.
If these two are seniors as reported the will be leaving soon.  Hopefully their "movement" will fall apart without them continuing to spearhead it.
(04-04-2013, 11:11 AM)Reichsjager Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2013, 10:29 AM)Papist Wrote: [ -> ]95% of college students are intellectual morons. A bunch of lemmings following their professors off a cliff.


Being a recent college (BA, then MBA) grad, I can attest to this, and I can point fingers because I am in the 5%.


I went to a University of standing that is traditionally considered as "Christian", but was in fact extraordinary liberal. My "95% hypothesis" experience states that 95% of college students will graduate as liberal "free-thinkers" who get all their opinions from the media, sound bites, and bumper stickers.  The remaining 5% of us emerge as embittered, cynical conservatives  :grin:
That was my experience in college. I also left college as an embittered cynical conservative as well.  :grin:
(04-04-2013, 10:59 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]What is really scarry is that this guy wanted to become a priest.
With any luck, his run-in with the priest disabused him of that notion.
Wait, he entered a romantic relationship while supposedly discerning a vocation? This guy's story doesn't add up. Even if he had been dating a girl, it still wouldn't make sense. These two are either being used by someone else to further the agenda, or they are trying to become heroes and end up on Ellen Degeneres or something like that.
(04-04-2013, 10:54 AM)Anastasia Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2013, 10:48 AM)Landelinus Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2013, 10:26 AM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, he hasn't got a clue.  And from what I can tell, he was never Catholic in any meaningful sense of the word.  Another example of post-VatII catechesis at its finest.

Kyrie eleison.
I was a product of post-VII "catechesis", but I was still able to figure out that the Church wasn't just there to rubber-stamp my own desires.  I have a hard time believing any university student could be so colossally ignorant that they would actually be surprised by hearing the Church's teaching enunciated clearly by one of her pastors.  I am more apt to believe these student's have no interest in the Church except to destroy her.   Why else would they go to all this trouble when they could easily just leave the Church? 
Especially since one of them said he was going to become a priest after college! At some point, he was going to have to become acquainted with what the Church taught on this subject,  so why get angry at the chaplain?

As that one audiosancto priest always says "If you don't like it, don't blame me. I'm in sales, not administration."
The militant homosexual agenda is on the rise in the culture at large so it is irrelevant whether the two students spearheading this protest are graduating or not, as there will always be another group of angry homosexuals with an axe to grind to replace them. The thing is, these men are not satisfied to simply leave the Church or wrestle with their inclinations within the Church through confession, prayer and sacrifice, they want the blessing of the Church and if they cannot get that they want the Church's influence effaced from the school. As the whole Supreme Court gay marriage thing heats up you can bet that stories like this will get more and more common and you can bet that when the Supreme Court decides to "redefine" marriage (which it undoubtedly will at some point no matter how many Americans don't want it) the Church will have to choose either to shut up about homosexual relationships or keep preaching what it teaches and be forced out of colleges, nay, even cities and small towns. Once the Supreme Court makes gay marriage a law it will become a hate crime to say anything against it and then the Church will either accept the new laws and ideology or they will be hounded into the catacombs. My take on it is that most priests and bishops wil simply say nothing for fear of persecution and the ones that do speak up will be hounded, both by bishops that grovel at the feet of the secular zeitgeist and by the secularists themselves.
It needn't be a conspiracy any more. All of these folks are tuned with the same Pitch Fork. Some reporter will cover this and then another, until they get on Ellen's program. Then someone more influential will pick it up for an HBO special. They will be made courageous men fighting for their rights and the priest as a narrow minded old bitter man that can not face where the World is leading the church.

tim
The immaturity of these students is on full display in the fact that they couldn't simply just leave the Newman Center and leave the Catholics there alone.
Pages: 1 2 3