FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How I Spent My Spring Break: or, Bp Morlino Celebrates Traditional Confirmations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On March 19, the Feast of St Joseph, His Excellency the Most Rev. Robert Morlino, Bishop of Madison, celebrated Traditional Confirmations.  This was the first time Confirmations were administered according to the Traditional Pontificale Romanum in the Diocese of Madison since the 1970s.  There were 78 Catholics confirmed in the ceremony.

Celebrant:              Most Rev Robert Morlino, Bishop of Madison
Bishop's M.C.:        Fr Greg Ihm
Assisting priests:  Fr Alex Navarro, SJS and Fr John Blewett, SJS (both with the Society of Jesus Christ the Priest)
Priests in choir:    Msgr James Bartylla, Vicar General of the Diocese of Madison;  Fr William Brenna, Diocese of Superior;  Fr Faustino Ruiz, SJS
Altar servers:          Michael Schumacher;  Nicholas Wittwer;  Alexander Wittwer;  Jonathan Wittwer;  Andrew Howard;  Stephen Howard;  Anthony Howard

Final Sanctuary preparations:
[Image: img0075fio.jpg]

[Image: img0086yt.jpg]

Arrival at the High Altar:
[Image: img0089np.jpg]

The priests in choro during the singing of the Veni, Creator Spiritus:
[Image: img0092hq.jpg]

Bishop Morlino preaches his catechesis:
[Image: img0093cu.jpg]

First washing of the hands:
[Image: img0096zx.jpg]

The Spiritus Sanctus superveniat in vos:
[Image: img0097epd.jpg]

The young men are confirmed:
[Image: img0102ue.jpg]

The young ladies are confirmed:
[Image: img0108di.jpg]

The second washing of the hands, while the choir chants the antiphon Confirma hoc:
[Image: img0109ef.jpg]

The prayer after the Confirma hoc:
[Image: img0110uc.jpg]

The Bishop imparts the blessing upon the newly-confirmed:
[Image: img0111jt.jpg]

The choir sings the Te Deum laudamus at the end of the ceremony in thanksgiving:
[Image: img0114po.jpg]

(Please don't complain about the tabernacle not being veiled.  The pastor is well aware of this.  A priest a few decades back took off the little hanging things for the veils, and threw the veils themselves away.  Since the tabernacle is covered during Mass by the altar card, it is not his top priority to buy a new set of veils, but he is working on it....)
Awesome!  I am really, really hoping that we get Bishop Morlino in Fort Worth for our new Bishop.  We could really use a man like him! 
(04-04-2013, 08:23 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome!  I am really, really hoping that we get Bishop Morlino in Fort Worth for our new Bishop.  We could really use a man like him! 

I already told you, stealing is a sin against the 7th Commandment!  Bronx Cheer

But I will certainly pray that you get a holy, orthodox, Trad-friendly bishop.
Excellent !

Thanks for sharing some GOOD news.
(04-04-2013, 08:28 PM)Servus Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2013, 08:23 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome!  I am really, really hoping that we get Bishop Morlino in Fort Worth for our new Bishop.  We could really use a man like him! 

I already told you, stealing is a sin against the 7th Commandment!   Bronx Cheer

It isn't stealing if the Pope gives him to us.

And thanks for the prayers. 
(04-05-2013, 01:40 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]

I already told you, stealing is a sin against the 7th Commandment!   Bronx Cheer

I suppose you're correct on that technicality....

But, we at least need him to stay until plans can be finalized and work begun on building a new cathedral that actually looks like a Catholic cathedral!
(04-05-2013, 02:28 PM)Servus Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2013, 01:40 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]

I suppose you're correct on that technicality....

But, we at least need him to stay until plans can be finalized and work begun on building a new cathedral that actually looks like a Catholic cathedral!

I don't blame you in the least for wishing to keep him.  I just know that the state of our liturgy in the diocese needs drastic help, and he would be a good Bishop to push that initiative. 
(04-05-2013, 04:10 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame you in the least for wishing to keep him.  I just know that the state of our liturgy in the diocese needs drastic help, and he would be a good Bishop to push that initiative. 

That certainly is true.  There's still a lot of work to be done here in the D. of Madison too, but we've come a long, long way over the past decade.
(04-05-2013, 04:18 PM)Servus Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2013, 04:10 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame you in the least for wishing to keep him.  I just know that the state of our liturgy in the diocese needs drastic help, and he would be a good Bishop to push that initiative. 

That certainly is true.  There's still a lot of work to be done here in the D. of Madison too, but we've come a long, long way over the past decade.

Good to know.  We don't have a ton of outright abuses from what I have seen, but we do have a tendency towards always taking the least preferred option in the eyes of the Church, particularly when it comes to music.  I have been working with out pastor to take just one of our three weekend Masses and use the propers, offertory, and communion antiphons, and traditional hymns for the recessional.  He is supportive, but it getting a ton of backlash from people in the parish.  A good solid bishop who was pushing similar things would be huge for us, and other parishes as well. 

Our parish operates an elementary school and high school.  Yet, despite that we have never produced a priestly vocation.  Our priest gets it, but helping the rest of the parish to understand that if the Mass is better, if we don't have an army of EMHC's, if we have young men serving at the altar instead of middle aged women, etc. that we can start producing vocations is not the easiest task in the world.   
Wow, I love the pictures! Thank you so much for sharing that.  Smile