FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: So, the "pastoral staff" returns once again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes folks, you can once again get excited over the Paul VI "pastoral staff".

[Image: bergoglio-paul-vi-staff.jpg]

Are we seeing the ghost of pontiffs past?

[Image: L0505.jpg]
Could JP 1 really be back?

8 years for Benedict to look like Pius IX and 3 weeks for Francis to look like John Paul the first.
Oh my.  I was hoping Benedict had that thing melted down.  At the very least, he could've opened JPII's grave and put it in there with him. 

Now my peace is disturbed once again.  Perhaps I read FE too much.
Just when I was getting used to CCC meaning Catechism of the Catholic Church again, along comes the Creepy Crooked Cross.

Shocked

(04-07-2013, 02:56 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my.  I was hoping Benedict had that thing melted down.  At the very least, he could've opened JPII's grave and put it in there with him. 

Now my peace is disturbed once again.  Perhaps I read FE too much.

But yes my dear Doctor this is a stop on the caravan route where the Sultans of sadness, and the Merchants of gloom travel spreading disease everywhere. There is no need for a catastrophe, they manufacture them. Like the Englishman Shakespeare said they are looking for sigils and portents in the entrails of Chickens.

tim
Someone should tell Pope Francis that there are other mitres than that one in the Papal Sacristy.
(04-07-2013, 03:32 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]Someone should tell Pope Francis that there are other mitres than that one in the Papal Sacristy.
Someone said this over on FrZ's blog as well. It's true though. Hasn't this mitre been worn almost every mass?
(04-07-2013, 04:47 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2013, 03:32 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]Someone should tell Pope Francis that there are other mitres than that one in the Papal Sacristy.
Someone said this over on FrZ's blog as well. It's true though. Hasn't this mitre been worn almost every mass?

He didn't get it from the Papal sacristy. This picture is of him using it in 2008.
[Image: 04122013p07pha.jpg?itok=Y37eu8US]

Must be a real personal favourite. And why shouldn't it be? Love the black&gold stripe going from the top down. As stripes go it's great. Beautiful golden colour in it and it's perfectly straight. What more can one ask?  Fart
Yes, it's really the stripe that sells it.

Somehow though, I can't picture St. Francis wearing that mitre.  Or any other mitre for that matter.  Can you picture St. Francis wearing a mitre?  Because I can't.  Not very humble if you ask me.
(04-07-2013, 05:58 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's really the stripe that sells it.

Somehow though, I can't picture St. Francis wearing that mitre.  Or any other mitre for that matter.  Can you picture St. Francis wearing a mitre?  Because I can't.  Not very humble if you ask me.

She's going to get you for that response.  : Pie in the face
(04-07-2013, 05:58 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's really the stripe that sells it.

I can't either. St Francis had a proper understanding and respect of Holy Orders.  Never having been ordained a priest, much less a bishop, I can' t picture him wearing that mitre.  Or any other mitre.
Pages: 1 2