FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 9th Annual Divine Mercy Medicine, Bioethics and Spirituality Conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone planning on attending? I'll be there both days. Its probably not exactly "trad" but it is Catholic and it offers CMEs and it has received good reviews in the past.

Quote:9th Annual Medicine, Bioethics and Spirituality Conference
April 10-11, 2013

Join The Healthcare Professionals for Divine Mercy in Worcester, MA on April 10 & 11, 2013. There is an outstanding lineup of nationally known speakers including Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC author of Consoling the Heart of Jesus, 33 Days to Morning Glory and his newest book, The 'One Thing' is Three. Fantastic opportunity to earn 15 CMEs/CEUs!

9th Annual Medicine, Bioethics, & Spirituality Conference sponsored by Healthcare Professionals for Divine Mercy and the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception

Speakers:
Bishop Robert McManus, - Main Celebrant
Bryan Thatcher, MD - Founder of the Eucharistic Apostles of the Divine Mercy
Fr. Seraphim Michalenko, MIC - Theologian and Author
Scot Bateman, MD - Division Chief, Pediatric Critical Care
Very Rev. Joseph G. Roesch, MIC - Vicar General Congregation of the Marians of the Immaculate Conception
Sr. M. Donata Farbaniec, OLM - Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy
Marie Romagnano, RN - Founder of Healthcare Professionals for Divine Mercy
Fr. Mark Yavarone, OMV - Professor of Bioethics
Very. Rev. Kazimierz Chwalek, MIC - Provincial, Mother of Mercy Province
Mark Rollo, MD - NFP Medical Consultant
Lucy A. Bayer-Zwirello, MD Chief of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC - Author and Director of the Marian Helpers Center, National Shrine of the Divine Mercy, Stockbridge, MA

For hotel accomodations call:
Holiday Inn Express – (508) 832-2500
10-12 Johnson St • Auburn, MA 01501
Ask for Healthcare Professionals for Divine Mercy CONFERENCE RATE.

CEU Information:
CMEs/CEUs approved from UMMC, RISNA, NASW and National Assn of Catholic Chaplains - ALL other allied healthcare workers (including those out of state) are advised to contact licensing boards for prior approval before registering.

Hogan Campus Center

College of the Holy Cross
Worcester, Massachusetts 01610
United States
What are CMEs?  I binged it and came up with coronal mass ejections, which I presume are not being offered at this conference?
(04-08-2013, 10:43 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]What are CMEs?  I binged it and came up with coronal mass ejections, which I presume are not being offered at this conference?

From the NIH: http://www.nih.gov/news/calendar/cme.htm

Being Doc Bombay, I assume you already knew this and were just using some sort of Socratic dialogue.  They usually consist of long-winded conferences that doctors have to go to in order to please the healthcare bureaucrats.

This one looks like it could be pretty interesting though.  I've never really heard of anything quite like it.
(04-08-2013, 10:43 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]What are CMEs?  I binged it and came up with coronal mass ejections, which I presume are not being offered at this conference?

Continuing Medical Education credits. All licensed medical caregivers are required to obtain a certain number of credits yearly to maintain their license and medical credentials. A fraction of the required number may be obtained from conferences on subjects outside of one's specialty or on subjects such as this conference offers.
(04-08-2013, 10:58 PM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]They usually consist of long-winded conferences that doctors have to go to in order to please the healthcare bureaucrats.

Verily.

(04-08-2013, 10:58 PM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]This one looks like it could be pretty interesting though.  I've never really heard of anything quite like it.

I'm looking forward to it but I wish it wasn't such a long drive. Fortunately I'm going to visit a friend near Stockbridge MA for the weekend after the conference so we'll attend mass at the Divine Mercy shrine in Stockbridge this Sunday before I head home to western PA.
Be careful not to heed those Catholic bioethics people. They call themselves conservative Catholics, yet they are pushing the church towards acceptance of Plan B in rape. They're confusing the public by promoting a false logic that a woman has a "right to defend herself from attacker sperm." Truthfully, sperm are not pathogens nor are they attackers. They unite with an egg to form a human being. No mention of encouraging more women to defend themselves against the male attackers. Instead, they want the woman to take an ovulation test first, which is unreliable; a test which isn't necessary since Plan B will be available OTC. Plan B is a drug that defies the doctrine of Humana Vitae not to frustrate conception.  It is a drug whose manufacturer claims is not abortifacient but actually *is.* It is made by a drug company who is using church leaders to gain market share and eliminate all opposition to its common use like aspirin pills. This is a move to appease health administration social justice committees and pro-choice politicians around the world. I talked to the drug company's lead female investigator on a radio show last month and called her out on this error. They cut off my microphone within a minute.
(04-08-2013, 10:58 PM)Pheo Wrote: [ -> ]

From the NIH: http://www.nih.gov/news/calendar/cme.htm

Being Doc Bombay, I assume you already knew this and were just using some sort of Socratic dialogue.  They usually consist of long-winded conferences that doctors have to go to in order to please the healthcare bureaucrats.

This one looks like it could be pretty interesting though.  I've never really heard of anything quite like it.

I'm not a real doctor.  Well, I am a real doctor of awesomeness, but not a medical doctor.  I presumed you knew that Pheo....if that is your real name.  :sneaky:
(04-09-2013, 09:20 AM)lauermar Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful not to heed those Catholic bioethics people. They call themselves conservative Catholics, yet they are pushing the church towards acceptance of Plan B in rape. They're confusing the public by promoting a false logic that a woman has a "right to defend herself from attacker sperm." Truthfully, sperm are not pathogens nor are they attackers. They unite with an egg to form a human being. No mention of encouraging more women to defend themselves against the male attackers. Instead, they want the woman to take an ovulation test first, which is unreliable; a test which isn't necessary since Plan B will be available OTC. Plan B is a drug that defies the doctrine of Humana Vitae not to frustrate conception.  It is a drug whose manufacturer claims is not abortifacient but actually *is.* It is made by a drug company who is using church leaders to gain market share and eliminate all opposition to its common use like aspirin pills. This is a move to appease health administration social justice committees and pro-choice politicians around the world. I talked to the drug company's lead female investigator on a radio show last month and called her out on this error. They cut off my microphone within a minute.

I commend you for your effort.  So many people nowadays are unwilling to challenge the zeitgeist and I find it refreshing.  Even if they did cut you off....but then, these people hate to be challenged so it's to be expected I suppose.
(04-09-2013, 09:20 AM)lauermar Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful not to heed those Catholic bioethics people. They call themselves conservative Catholics, yet they are pushing the church towards acceptance of Plan B in rape. They're confusing the public by promoting a false logic that a woman has a "right to defend herself from attacker sperm." Truthfully, sperm are not pathogens nor are they attackers. They unite with an egg to form a human being. No mention of encouraging more women to defend themselves against the male attackers. Instead, they want the woman to take an ovulation test first, which is unreliable; a test which isn't necessary since Plan B will be available OTC. Plan B is a drug that defies the doctrine of Humana Vitae not to frustrate conception.  It is a drug whose manufacturer claims is not abortifacient but actually *is.* It is made by a drug company who is using church leaders to gain market share and eliminate all opposition to its common use like aspirin pills. This is a move to appease health administration social justice committees and pro-choice politicians around the world. I talked to the drug company's lead female investigator on a radio show last month and called her out on this error. They cut off my microphone within a minute.

You won many graces and merits. God Bless you.