FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis to celebrate reformation???!!??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I hope that is not the case.  Would I be surprised?  Probably not.
Just because a commentator on Rome Reports said it does not mean Pope Francis will be celebrating the Reformation
I never said I believed it. Just reporting it pewsitter has it on their main page.
I honestly do not think he will be around in 2017.
ecuminism bothers me so much, its always catholics sucking up to protestants rather than catholics trying to get them to reconcile with the church.

blah...

i swear if the church in my town just all got up and left and joined up with the episcopalians it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Sadly, in this these still beginning stages of the "New Evangelization" in the Post-conciliar Church, many (including Pope Francis?) seem to feel that anyone who claims to believe in any sort of "god", "Higher Power", etc., is "better than those who don't" and therefore can and should be considered to be allies of Our Blessed Lord's One True Church in Her battle against secularism and its inherent and resulting abominations and tragedies. This story certainly bears watching.....  Unsure
(04-09-2013, 10:29 PM)Zea mays Wrote: [ -> ]ecuminism bothers me so much, its always catholics sucking up to protestants rather than catholics trying to get them to reconcile with the church.

It's not just prots. It's Talmudists, followers of the paedophile and pagans as well. It's all give and take. We give and they take! God preserve us!
This can't be correct.  Huh? Then again, I've heard about John Wesley, "the father of Methodism" more often at Mass than any saint that I can think of off the top of my head, so I probably shouldn't be surprised at the idea.   Shrug
(04-09-2013, 11:00 PM)FrancisX Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, in this these still beginning stages of the "New Evangelization" in the Post-conciliar Church, many (including Pope Francis?) seem to feel that anyone who claims to believe in any sort of "god", "Higher Power", etc., is "better than those who don't" and therefore can and should be considered to be allies of Our Blessed Lord's One True Church in Her battle against secularism and its inherent and resulting abominations and tragedies. This story certainly bears watching.....  Unsure

Hermenutic of continuity?

Pope Pius XI, Mortalium Animos, #2 Wrote:...Certainly such attempts can nowise be approved by Catholics, founded as they are on that false opinion which considers all religions to be more or less good and praiseworthy, since they all in different ways manifest and signify that sense which is inborn in us all, and by which we are led to God and to the obedient acknowledgment of His rule. Not only are those who hold this opinion in error and deceived, but also in distorting the idea of true religion they reject it, and little by little, turn aside to naturalism and atheism, as it is called; from which it clearly follows that one who supports those who hold these theories and attempt to realize them, is altogether abandoning the divinely revealed religion.

Pages: 1 2 3 4