FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Support Laudamus Te
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just want to ask you all to think about subscribing to Laudamus Te, and to ask your pastor about subscribing for the church. Laudamus Te is a seasonal prayer book for the Extraordinary Form Mass, similar to Magnificat for the Ordinary Form. My family has been getting it, and we are very happy. It has the Ordinary, propers for each day, a few small articles, sometimes poetry, and things of this sort. It certainly helps if you're with the kids in Mass and really don't want to big hand missal. Plus you young one can chew this book with no big deal. And great boon would be if your Latin mass church would subscribe for the congregation. Think if average Joes go into the pews and thumb through the Latin Mass book! The translations are good also.

I am giving the shoutout because this project may fail. They're in their first year, and they need subscribers. So please try yourself, pass it on to a friend, and pass it on to a pastor. They need 900 more subscriptions. Really this product should get that no problem. I've used it first hand and I am a strict critic. So get the word out!

http://laudamus-te.com/
One Year Subscription (6 issues), $38.00

Issues run from about 120 pages to over 300 pages (depending on the season).
+1.  I love our Laudamus Te books, and I will be dissapointed if they are unable to continue.  It hasn't replaced my big black book, but its nice to have something I can toss in the car, and not worry if the baby rips a page out from time to time.
I am already a subscriber.
The priests in our FSSP parish are promoting Laudamus Te. I guess I should pay more attention. Subscribed.
This is a wonderful publication and a must have for anyone new to the TLM(ED) or who finds the missal a hassle.

ED=Ecclesia Dei
+1

I love this publication. The articles on traditional piety, prayer and liturgy are out of this world (not surprisingly, some are reprints of pre-Vatican II stuff, but many are not)!

I already subscribe and I urge anyone here to, if they can afford it (cost about the same as a blue fish here).
Great for weekday masses.  No flipping around.
It seems to me they are doing the wise thing by trying to get ahead of the curve and offering this in digital format.  Within 20 years, and probably much sooner, paper magazines and newspapers will no longer be available.  In fact, we will soon reach the tipping point and most books will be sold in digital format. The idea may be to produce a high quality hard copy initially then, hopefully, transition all the subscribers to digital. I can't see that starting a paper publication at this late date is a long term recipe for anything but disaster, so I'm assuming that's their plan.
(04-17-2013, 08:08 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me they are doing the wise thing by trying to get ahead of the curve and offering this in digital format.  Within 20 years, and probably much sooner, paper magazines and newspapers will no longer be available.  In fact, we will soon reach the tipping point and most books will be sold in digital format. The idea may be to produce a high quality hard copy initially then, hopefully, transition all the subscribers to digital. I can't see that starting a paper publication at this late date is a long term recipe for anything but disaster, so I'm assuming that's their plan.

Oh, Bombay, you know crunchies won't go over to digital. You're such an optimist.  LOL
Never even knew such a wonderful thing existed until now. I might just go ahead and subscribe!

Can someone tell me what they are like though, the booklets? How similar to Magnificat?
Pages: 1 2 3