FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic royals won't have to raise kids Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=35963&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cathnews%2FRSS+%28CathNews%29
http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/20...toral.html

I would love to say that it is unbelievable that any bishop would say this, but unfortunately that would be a lie.  It is, in truth, entirely believable. 

You can see their nefarious method here too.  Nichols tells Stock, Stock tells Wallace, Wallace tells Parliament.

Damage done.  Plausible deniability.

Satanic.
But it's pastoral. You have to remember that it's pastoral. Because the pastoriality must come into account in the pastoral nature of this pastoral union. Bringing the kids up Catholic isn't pastoral. The Church didn't understand what it meant to be pastoral fifty years ago. We do now. Get with the times man. It's such an incredible step forward for pastoralness.
Lord have mercy. Those clerics will be responsible for every soul lost because of their words.
To Nichols and to any royals who actually take his advice, the United Kingdom is more important that God's Kingdom.

That's ultimately what it comes down to.  Earthly power instead of everlasting life.

Another Bishop who doesn't know even some of the most basic points of the Catechism. Lovely.
(04-26-2013, 09:51 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Another Bishop who doesn't know even some of the most basic points of the Catechism. Lovely.

Honestly, if I thought that was it, I would feel a little better.  Unfortunately, I think they know it, but simply choose to do what they wish anyway.  To me, and I dearly hope I am wrong, this simply stems from not truly believing that there is anything special about the Apostolic Church.  I cannot get my head around how one could make the claim that it is OK to raise your children in another faith tradition if you truly believe in the power of the sacraments and the succession of the apostles.  I know this is thin ground that I am treading on here in suggesting that a bishop might not truly believe, but I cannot make the intellectual leap to reconcile those two positions. 
Exceptions for Royals and especially the Crowned Heads have always existed. Frankly, this ruling would apply to a very small number.

The shocker of the story is that females no longer move to the end of the line for succession to the Throne.
(04-26-2013, 06:26 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: [ -> ]Exceptions for Royals and especially the Crowned Heads have always existed. Frankly, this ruling would apply to a very small number.

The shocker of the story is that females no longer move to the end of the line for succession to the Throne.

I guess it is a symptom for society's current love affair with homosexuals.  They want more Queens.
Pages: 1 2