FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Man Refused (again) Hand Communion at Papal Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/04...t.html?m=1

This from Rorate Caeli!

Man Refused (again) Hand Communion at Papal Mass
H/T Kneeling Catholic:

I keep waiting for one of Pope Francis' balloon-masses..... but instead I keep seeing Masses with lots of Latin and only kneeling people receiving Holy Communion from the Holy Father! ...

@ 1hour 57min 39 sec you can see once again--as last week-- someone being reminded to receive Holy Communion on the tongue... [Rorate note: even stronger, he was denied in the hand, not just reminded, a good sign]

To be sure, there are the 'crowd-pleasing-priests' eg @ 1hour 57min 08sec, who distribute Holy Communion any-old-way, but it is clear that there is a standing directive to distribute on the tongue which certain priests take it upon themselves to contravene. ...

Adfero at 4/26/2013 04:04:00 PM

Pray for him, for the abrogation of the indult, and continue to be an example to the brethren! It may take a while to retrain the people. But what an opportunity to come to grace!

Keep in mind, though, that not all the priests are doing it. So maybe it isn't from the top as a rule, but an example he is trying to set. And catch the Pope dipping the hosts in the Precious Blood! Oh, if only we'd distribute the Precious Blood like that! Just keep on praying!

http://youtu.be/fp79v4c8m4I?t=1h56m36s
WOOHOOO  :grin: :grin:
Awesome!
This very encouraging!
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
(04-26-2013, 01:57 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]And catch the Pope dipping the hosts in the Precious Blood! Oh, if only we'd distribute the Precious Blood like that! Just keep on praying!

No thank you.
If the Church is to allow us to receive the Precious Blood, I'd rather it be by Intinction, but imo, they never should have started the separate cup thing.

Sends the wrong message to those who don't know better. Some will be lead to believe the Body and Blood are separate and if you receive only one you don't get both.

Anyhow, good on the pope for doing this. I wonder why he's doing it though ? I hope it's not to prevent souvenirs, but rather having reverence in mind.
We do receive the precious blood. Whenever I receive Him in the Eucharistic Host, I receive the full body, blood, soul, and divinity of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Let's not turn into Ultraquists.
If something bizarre was going on during these Papal Masses, you can rest assure that it would be in every diocese this Sunday. 

I won't hold my breath waiting for this to catch on like wildfire in either my parish or my diocese.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5