FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Yay!! Woman priest ordained...she used to be a nun, so it's OK..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-woman-ord...33378.html

After I return from the bathroom, lets talk about this.
No, it's not ok. She made a public departure from the Catholic faith after having publicly taking vows as a religous sister. The correct term for that is apostacy. And by the way, she was not "ordained." The sacrament was simulated. So she won't be saying a real mass or really hearing confessions. We should pray for her that she could see her way to returning to her true home, the Catholic Church.
(04-28-2013, 01:42 AM)Armor of Light Wrote: [ -> ]http://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-woman-ord...33378.html

After I return from the bathroom, lets talk about this.

Why am I not surprised? She's a wrinkled 70 year old who thought V II was going to change everything! Sorry Sister, there are things that will never change. I'm only sorry that she  was a Carmelite and brings shame upon the Order in her heresy and disobedience.

Oh, and BTW, the article is so full of historical and theological errors it's amazing, but what do you expect from a secular source?
I was being sarcastic.

Because I'm very very tired and this headline really grinds my gears.
(04-28-2013, 01:48 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not ok. She made a public departure from the Catholic faith after having publicly taking vows as a religous sister. The correct term for that is apostacy. And by the way, she was not "ordained." The sacrament was simulated. So she won't be saying a real mass or really hearing confessions. We should pray for her that she could see her way to returning to her true home, the Catholic Church.

Stop being so medieval. You're still stuck in Tridentine ways of thinking. The Church is beyond that now.
(04-28-2013, 01:58 AM)Felix E Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2013, 01:48 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not ok. She made a public departure from the Catholic faith after having publicly taking vows as a religous sister. The correct term for that is apostacy. And by the way, she was not "ordained." The sacrament was simulated. So she won't be saying a real mass or really hearing confessions. We should pray for her that she could see her way to returning to her true home, the Catholic Church.

Stop being so medieval. You're still stuck in Tridentine ways of thinking. The Church is beyond that now.

Yeah...the new Fr. Rosemarie even said so! Something about the excommunication being a medieval tool used by octogenarian bishops and stuff. You go girl! I really dig the way Fr. Rosemarie sticks it to the man like that. I especially liked that catholic interviewed at the end that said Fr. Rosemarie would get him in the pew for more than Christmas and Easter. HUGS!!

At least it wasn't in a Catholic church..
If the Pope, together with the College of Cardinals and the Church's 2500 bishops, with all solemnity of the Rite of Ordination, said the proper formula of Holy Orders, and laid their hands on a cow ... the cow would no more become a priest than would if it happened to a woman. Simply, which is one thing that seems very difficult to grasp and understand, is that the Church has no power to ordain women to the priesthood.  It is really that basic and fundamental principle.
Rainbows and dissidents ... great combo  :eyeroll:

http://www.saintandrewucc.org/join-us/our-location.html

I'm sure the local Call To Action group was their along with their "priest" to do the dirty deed.
(04-28-2013, 02:33 AM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]Rainbows and dissidents ... great combo  :eyeroll:

http://www.saintandrewucc.org/join-us/our-location.html

See if you can stomach some of the sermons they've put online. Apart from being written in a childish and shallow style, they're complete with blasphemy. The one I am reading now suggests St Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus.
edited to add a quote from said sermon:

Quote:Because I’m not a detail person, I don’t know if Jesus was standing in front of Mary Magdalene in flesh and blood or just as a vision. I don’t know if the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was bodily or spiritual. I don’t know, as one person suggested to me the other day, that Jesus was the world’s first zombie, although I doubt it.
I don’t know if this story is intended to be literal or metaphorical, historically true or a parable. I don’t know if the elements at the Communion Table literally become Jesus’ body and blood or if they are merely symbolic of his body and blood. I don’t know any of these details and I don’t care. I just know the big picture. And the big picture is this: Jesus is standing here.

Wowzers!

Well at least Jesus is standing here.... riiiiiight.......
I'll pass on the sermons, but it looks like they have an agnostic pastor lol.
Pages: 1 2 3