FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Fulton Sheen on false compassion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The good and holy Servant of God is almost prophetic in his words in this series. I mean, aren't the hierarchy themselves (in America) part of this problem? I'm thinking social justice-y types here. Man, what a great man, I wish we had Bishops like this now. He's like a clerical Michael Voris of the 50's. This show on false compassion is really eye opening, because it goes to the root of a lot of the problems we have in society and in the Church (i.e. compassionate the sinner without telling him to repent).

[video=youtube]jXQP3UJnagM[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]Ip7pKqfhWeo[/video]

[video=youtube]z6O7MVrtHq0[/video]
Part two doesn't show up in the OP for some reason so here it is:

[video=youtube]Ip7pKqfhWeo[/video]
I agree with you.  We could use another Fulton Sheen, many of them in fact. 

I am tired of seeing issues of Prudential Judgement treated as if they are Divine Revelation, and of seeing Divine Revelation treated as if it is merely Prudential Judgement. 
Archbishop Sheen was probably a lone voice crying out in the wilderness even in the '50's.At all times and places most men are just going to tow the line and follow the status quo. I'm sure the good Archbishop could see just where things were headed even in that era where the Church seemed to be thriving.The whole culture was becoming increasingly secular. It's sad that today it is not an American bishop that speaks his mind but a layman Michael Voris.
Interesting you should say that about Michael Voris. He used to be an altar boy for Bishop Fulton Sheen. His studio is named after Bishop Sheen and if I'm not mistaken so is the Chapel at the studio.
(04-30-2013, 11:50 AM)fatiam13 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting you should say that about Michael Voris. He used to be an altar boy for Bishop Fulton Sheen. His studio is named after Bishop Sheen and if I'm not mistaken so is the Chapel at the studio.

I never knew that. I just learned something new:)
(04-30-2013, 03:53 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 11:50 AM)fatiam13 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting you should say that about Michael Voris. He used to be an altar boy for Bishop Fulton Sheen. His studio is named after Bishop Sheen and if I'm not mistaken so is the Chapel at the studio.

I never knew that. I just learned something new:)

Me either. 
He gave the prescription. Train those boys to do a craft and give them a mission. Further he said college education is a privilege  and should not be a necessity for employment. He was a prophet.

tim
Was just watching this on Saturday. Prophetic words.