FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New Latin Mass site in San Francisco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the request of Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite will begin to be celebrated at Star of the Sea Parish, 4420 Geary Boulevard (at 8th Avenue) in San Francisco on May 26th, Trinity Sunday, at 11:00 A.M. and will continue each Sunday and Holy Day on a regular basis.

To learn more about the Extraordinary Form Latin Mass you are invited to Star of the Sea School Auditorium for meetings on Tuesdays, May 7th, May 14th, and May 21st at 7:00 P.M. For further information please contact the pastor of Star of the Sea Parish, Father Mark G. Mazza, at 415-751-0450, extension 16.

http://cal-catholic.com/wordpress/2013/0...francisco/

[Image: 20701636.jpg]
Deo gratias.
That's wonderful news, and what a beautiful church! Star of the Sea.
Star of the Sea was the childhood parish of comedian Gracie Allen
I hace a brother in San Francisco. I shall have to let him know about this.
(05-01-2013, 07:12 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Star of the Sea was the childhood parish of comedian Gracie Allen
Requiescat in pace, Gracie
I remember this parish well from my years in San Francisco.  I pray that the TLM will be the source of great graces to this troubled and sinful city.  Pray
Way to go!
This is great news for Catholic visitors and especially for the bay area folk.

Slowly but surely Summorum pontificum is being carried out.

Fun facts:
Star of the Sea church has two priests on staff, Fr. Mazza, the pastor (whom I know nothing about), and Fr. Steve Meriwether, who lives there in residence.

Fr. Meriwether is a name that many serious Catholics concerned about the state of the Church in San Francisco will recognize. Oh, don't know of him? Read for yourself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fr.+Steve+Meriwether

Maybe this will be where Fr. Meriwether can be reintroduced to the Church? Our Lady, Star of the Sea, pray for us!