FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis joined the March for Life in Rome (in a popemobile) yesterday!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

OMG, isn't that sweet!

[video=youtube]M_OcG6f0R-4[/video]

And here's the story.

This Holy Father is ON TIME! The abortionists aren't going to like this at all!
Ecco Il Papa di noi !

tim
If he would just heartily embrace tradition, he has the makings of an incredible pope.  He is not afraid to speak about sin and the devil, which is far more than we can say for quite a long time.  He is open and direct about life issues, which is fantastic.  I just wish he would come out and really push for changes in the liturgy, but I don't see that happening. 
Viva Il Papa! What a wonderful man. Papa Francis!
He rolled up his sleeves and is working hard.
In his own words: "The circus is over."
Way to go!

NCRegister's recent Pope Francis and the Liturgy article is a must-read, also. Makes you think that the Cards elected a ringer. Grin From the article:

Quote: In Buenos Aires, then-Cardinal Bergoglio did not express significant interest in the extraordinary form of the rite. However, he put up no resistance to it either. Following Summorum Pontificum, he made the traditional Mass readily available. In fact, Buenos Aires is probably the Latin-American city with the largest number of Masses celebrated in the extraordinary form.

His lack of major interest was not hostility or indifference. Instead, he was concentrating on a far more daunting task: making sure that all of the faithful in his archdiocese had access to a decent Mass.

Let me explain. In Latin America, beside the beautifully and carefully celebrated Masses associated with the major popular devotions, liturgical abuses are still alive and constitute a massive problem in the region.

It is not a situation of omitting or changing the rubrics here and there. The liturgical problems are much more serious. They consist of events like priests “concelebrating” the Mass with the youth at the rhythm of tropical songs in Colombia; “consecrating” cakes with Guayaba marmalade in Venezuela; a “reggae” Mass in Panama; or a priest celebrating with vestments portraying Batman and Robin while squirting holy water with a green-and-red water pistol in Mexico.

This is no exaggeration. Such abuses are happening now.

Cardinal Bergoglio’s efforts for reform in Buenos Aires were not exclusively aimed at the liturgy. He sought to change priestly and sacramental life in general.

That is, he's trying to fix the clergy. Papa BXVI fixed the liturgy (though it was ignored by bishops who don't pay much credence to the Pope, whoops); maybe Papa Francesco and the laity (as per V2) can prop up the clergy, that we might have Mass! Because what good is it to fix the liturgy if the clergy won't listen to the Pope or the Abps? Why can't they say the black and do the red? One of the means in which Card. Bergoglio "helped" his priests was giving them days off so HE could show 'em how it's done. And I doubt he made use of the super-soakers, as he was obedient to SP; he just didn't advertise it.

And CoolerKing, please source that Papa Francesco-attributed quote, "the circus is over". Because if he didn't say it, we're putting unholy words in the Holy Father's mouth, which is Satanic.  Maybe you didn't know, so here's another (older) NCRegister article about wrongfully-attributed quotes of the Pope, including the wrongly-attributed quote you used. (That is, the HF didn't say that! *Shocker!*)

Gotta be ultra-careful what rumors we attribute to the Pope, especially when they sound "evil" Thumb
(05-13-2013, 03:11 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: [ -> ]NCRegister's recent Pope Francis and the Liturgy article is a must-read, also. Makes you think that the Cards elected a ringer. Grin From the article:

Quote: In Buenos Aires, then-Cardinal Bergoglio did not express significant interest in the extraordinary form of the rite. However, he put up no resistance to it either. Following Summorum Pontificum, he made the traditional Mass readily available. In fact, Buenos Aires is probably the Latin-American city with the largest number of Masses celebrated in the extraordinary form.

His lack of major interest was not hostility or indifference. Instead, he was concentrating on a far more daunting task: making sure that all of the faithful in his archdiocese had access to a decent Mass.

Let me explain. In Latin America, beside the beautifully and carefully celebrated Masses associated with the major popular devotions, liturgical abuses are still alive and constitute a massive problem in the region.

It is not a situation of omitting or changing the rubrics here and there. The liturgical problems are much more serious. They consist of events like priests “concelebrating” the Mass with the youth at the rhythm of tropical songs in Colombia; “consecrating” cakes with Guayaba marmalade in Venezuela; a “reggae” Mass in Panama; or a priest celebrating with vestments portraying Batman and Robin while squirting holy water with a green-and-red water pistol in Mexico.

This is no exaggeration. Such abuses are happening now.

Cardinal Bergoglio’s efforts for reform in Buenos Aires were not exclusively aimed at the liturgy. He sought to change priestly and sacramental life in general.

That is, he's trying to fix the clergy. Papa BXVI fixed the liturgy (though it was ignored by bishops who don't pay much credence to the Pope, whoops); maybe Papa Francesco and the laity (as per V2) can prop up the clergy, that we might have Mass! Because what good is it to fix the liturgy if the clergy won't listen to the Pope or the Abps? Why can't they say the black and do the red? One of the means in which Card. Bergoglio "helped" his priests was giving them days off so HE could show 'em how it's done. And I doubt he made use of the super-soakers, as he was obedient to SP; he just didn't advertise it.

And CoolerKing, please source that Papa Francesco-attributed quote, "the circus is over". Because if he didn't say it, we're putting unholy words in the Holy Father's mouth, which is Satanic.  Maybe you didn't know, so here's another (older) NCRegister article about wrongfully-attributed quotes of the Pope, including the wrongly-attributed quote you used. (That is, the HF didn't say that! *Shocker!*)

Gotta be ultra-careful what rumors we attribute to the Pope, especially when they sound "evil" Thumb
I read it on the bbc
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21813874

Still, you could be right. There are many quotes attributed to popes and saints that never were.
And papa Francis is doing a remarkable job!
I've been quiet about the pope since he was elected. But I have to say now, I've seen enough to believe he is a good Catholic. He may not be the perfect pope who will fix a 60 year train wreck in 3 months, but that would be dreaming anyhow.

He imitates Christ and he preaches on things we need to hear. I hope God grants him many more years.
(05-13-2013, 04:29 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]I've been quiet about the pope since he was elected. But I have to say now, I've seen enough to believe he is a good Catholic. He may not be the perfect pope who will fix a 60 year train wreck in 3 months, but that would be dreaming anyhow.

He imitates Christ and he preaches on things we need to hear. I hope God grants him many more years.
This.
HOORAY  POPE FRANCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine if this caught on and the Bishops all over show up at demonstrations.

tim
Pages: 1 2 3