FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Orthodoxy, TLM, NO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I ran across this and thought I'd share:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/...-orthodox/
"I came to Orthodoxy from Catholicism partially because of its unchanged liturgy; because the Orthodox Church, in its wisdom, never embarked on a path of liturgical self-destruction. It was not enough for me to attend the Traditional Catholic Latin Mass once a month when the bulk of the Catholic Church remains in the Novus Ordo camp. Even while attending the TLM at beautiful Saint Paul’s church in South Philadelphia, one could not escape the reality that this Mass was a minority Mass, primarily a footnote to the Novus Ordo.

It pained me to realize that the TLM was seen more as a specialized event and not part of the regular lists of masses in most Catholic churches.

In the Orthodox Church there is always the traditional liturgy; the rubrics never wax or wane depending on the latest liturgical fashion. There’s no need for committees to advertise or promote tradition.Tradition is already there, and it’s not going anywhere. It is, as they say, the Church.

Since becoming Orthodox, gone are the endless personal narratives that would run in my head whenever I’d attend either a TLM or the Novus Ordo. Those narratives concentrated on what had been lost or thrown away."

I am sure we can empathize. I just can't help but still sense sadness from the author even though the conversion to Orthodoxy, because of knowing how things ideally should be. TLM is the minority Mass, what a shame for the world.

This is one reason why I'm seriously considering conversion to the Orthodox Church. There are other reasons but this is one of them.
(05-14-2013, 07:55 AM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]This is one reason why I'm seriously considering conversion to the Orthodox Church. There are other reasons but this is one of them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :O
(05-14-2013, 07:55 AM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]This is one reason why I'm seriously considering conversion to the Orthodox Church. There are other reasons but this is one of them.

you want to become a schismatic?
One cannot be saved outside the Catholic Church.

And the Orthodox are most certainly outside the Catholic Church.
(05-14-2013, 08:43 AM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]And the Orthodox are most certainly outside the Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church to which you claim to belong does not teach that, bucko.
(05-14-2013, 08:45 AM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2013, 08:43 AM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]And the Orthodox are most certainly outside the Catholic Church.

Source?
(05-14-2013, 08:45 AM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: [ -> ]

The Church dogmatically teaches that.....bucko.

I do not "claim" to belong to the Church.
I do belong to Her.

Do you need some quotes?
Here you go "Bucko"

"The Catholic Church has solemnly defined three times by infallible declarations that outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation. The most explicit and forceful of the three came from  Pope Eugene IV, in the Bull Cantate Domino, 1441, who proclaimed ex cathedra: "The Most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, also Jews, heretics, and schismatics can ever be partakers of eternal life, but that they are to go into the eternal fire 'which was prepared for the devil and his angels' (Mt. 25:41) unless before death they are joined with Her... No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ can be saved unless they abide within the bosom and unity of the Catholic Church."

The other two infallible declarations are as follows: There is one universal Church of the faithful, outside of which no one at all can be saved.  Pope Innocent III, ex cathedra, (Fourth Lateran Council, 1215).

We declare, say , define, and pronounce that it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff.  Pope Boniface VIII, (Unam Sanctam, 1302)."
From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

"The name Orthodox Church is generally used to distinguish those of the Greek Rite who are not in communion with the Holy See. It is a name common to the official designation of both Churches of the Greek Rite, but the schismatic or dissenting Churches lay great stress upon the word Orthodox, and its implied meaning of correctness of doctrine, while the Uniat Churches lay equal emphasis upon the word Catholic. Hence these divisions of the Greek Church are respectively called the "Greek Orthodox" and the "Greek Catholic" for convenience in designation. The Greek Orthodox Church is now well established in America, and nearly every city of considerable size has one or more churches of the various nationalities belonging to that communion. There is no unity among them nor any obedience to a central authority; they conform to the general usages and discipline of the Byzantine Rite, but look to their respective Holy Synods in their home countries for governing authority and direction. Seven nationalities have their churches here, using the Old Slavonic, the Greek, the Arabic, and the Rumanian as their liturgical languages and of these the Russian is the oldest and best established."

The Orthodox are not Catholic, Bucko.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8