FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope says atheists are saved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(05-25-2013, 06:09 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I remember jp2 teaching Universal Salvation without ever coming right out and say ing it.
Actually JP II came out of the closet on that one.  As I documented, he wrote that every person, without exception, has been predestined to union with the Father.  That is a materially heretical statement.  Especially since Catholic terminology with regards to predestination is very precise due to the centuries of heated debate over the topic.

Can you link me up to that post? (No idea how long ago it was; or give me a general timeframe and I'll look for it).

I know he supported Faustina, who had been banned, and ...well, I don't have a very holy outlook on that whole business LOL I know I"m not the only one who questions certain "saints"; there's a group on FB of NO Cats who fear the Rosary is being replaced, and say straight out that Faustina would have stayed banned had her countryman not become Pope. I think she's a universal salvationist (and would like to SMACK whoever at EWTN tricked me into the DM prayers. I knew that crap didn't sound right. Now I know why. #Diaries.).

(I'm not part of that group anymore since they seemed to start trending pretty anti-trad; but they're Nos who refuse to give up their 2nd Sunday of Easter and don't recognize Faustina.)

But I am curious about JP2's thoughts. I can't untangle his writings much at all. But when I try to read them, I feel ZONED OUT and forget what I'm reading, like I'm reading something completely foreign and uninteresting; I stay away from crap like that. So I'm not very clear on JP2's personal thoughts about salvation at all. I wonder if it's plausible that, like Pope Francis here, there's more of a universal invitation than any sort of universal salvation. Universal Salvation's a joke and would require some work from a future pope to "fix" if indeed that lie and heresy got snuck into doctrine/dogma.

Thx in advance!
Explanatory Note on the Meaning of Salvation

http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/explana...-of-may-22

The Rev. Thomas Rosica, a Vatican spokesman, confirmed as much in an explanatory note the next day that reiterated these basic points. Even rejecting Christianity, Rosica noted, does not automatically consign someone to hell because Catholics believe God can save anyone, Christian or atheist or a member of another faith – though always through Jesus.
Quote: though always through Jesus.
via explicit Faith in the Incarnation and Holy Trinity.
Quote: The particular union of the "Theotókos" with God - which fulfils in the most eminent manner the supernatural predestination to union with the Father which is granted to every human being (filii in Filio) - is a pure grace and, as such, a gift of the Spirit.

From Mulieris Dignitatem.  This statement is material heresy.  "Predestination" is very precisely defined, and including "union with the Father" eliminates any wiggle room.  There have been huge battles in the Church between Thomists, Dominicans, Augustinians, and Molonists over this, so "predestination" means something.  You can't say it is granted to every human being.  That is not Catholic.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5