FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traditional Catholics in Boy Scouts? What do we do now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gay Scouts of America?

Just stop writing checks to them and stop sending kids there.

There are alternatives.
My boys aren't scouts, but if they were I'd be taking them out.  Yes, scouting is cool, and there is a lot of good there, but we can add it to the long list of things that would've/could've been cool but for our depraved culture.

Luckily, I'm able to take time to take my boys hunting/fishing/camping myself and haven't had to outsource that yet.  I understand that is not an option for most for various reasons.
Here's the reaction of the National Catholic Committee on Scouting:

REACTION TO POLICY CHANGE IN
MEMBERSHIP STANDARDS FOR THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
National Catholic Committee on Scouting
Thursday, May 23, 2014@ 5:48 PM

For over 100 years, thousands of children in Catholic parishes, schools and fraternal organizations have benefited from chartering Scouting units. The Catholic Church has maintained a strong relationship with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) through the National Catholic Committee on Scouting (NCCS) for many years and we hope to maintain that relationship.

Today, the voting members of the BSA voted to change the membership standards for its youth members. The BSA proposed in its resolution that "no youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone." Its membership standards for adult leaders remain unchanged.

The Catholic Church teaches that people who experience a homosexual inclination or a same sex attraction are to be treated with respect recognizing the dignity of all persons. The Church's teaching is clear that engaging in sexual activity outside of marriage is immoral. Individuals who are open and avowed homosexuals promoting and engaging in homosexual conduct are not living lives consistent with Catholic teaching.

Since the change in policy will not take effect until January 1, 2014, the National Catholic Committee on Scouting has adequate time to study its effects. The NCCS will determine how it may impact Catholic chartered Scout units and activities. In doing so, we will work within the teachings of our Catholic Faith and with the various local bishops and their diocesan scouting committees.
    Ed Martin- National Chair
    Father Michael Hanifin-National Chaplain

http://nccs-bsa.org/comment/NCCSComment52313.php

Maybe the Scouts should encourage the gay boys to cut off their genitals and take estrogen.  Maybe they aren't gay at all.  Perhaps they are just little girls trapped in boys bodies. And then maybe they should demand to be called Girl Scouts even though they clearly are not Girl Scouts, but simply Boy Scouts with mutilated genitals and lots of estrogen. QED

I'm just thinking out loud here.

Would you stop turning every thread into a discussion of transsexualism? Homosexuality isn't transsexualism. Thanks.
http://www.taylormarshall.com/2013/05/wh...ts-my.html

Here is a former Eagle Scout who is trying to start a Catholic scouting group, the Scouts of St George.
I just want to say that scouting is not just about "go to the wild" is the informal educational system + outdoors that make it such a valuable experience. I think that the main problem is that in the US the relation Church-BSA is too close (thing that have been useful until now) and make a separation will be difficult; but we are looking just the start of the process, may be you will get an American Scout Asoc.... Just think, is a great lost for youths
(05-24-2013, 03:25 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Would you stop turning every thread into a discussion of transsexualism? Homosexuality isn't transsexualism. Thanks.

You're right.  Those gay boy scouts don't want to have sex with other boys because they are gay.  They want to have sex with other boys because they have girls brains trapped in boys bodies.  Of course!  How stupid of me.  My bad.

I think we've stumbled on the gay cure.  Nothing a scalpel and some estrogen won't fix.  Thank you for clearing that up.  :tiphat:
(05-24-2013, 03:25 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Would you stop turning every thread into a discussion of transsexualism? Homosexuality isn't transsexualism. Thanks.

It's how it works in Iran (why they don't have gays). The Ayatollah was progressive enough to accept that anyone attracted to the same sex was simply the wrong sex, and the clear answer is to change the gender to get things worked out. You take your shots, or you get shot. Thus, no homosexuals in Iran. (I mean, some of the world thinks this way; I think we have to consider its validity, even though it seems a bit distasteful to us.)

I'm not sure how anyone under 14 could know their preferences, but if they do, and they like guys, the whole "no co-ed" idea is gone. Parents who wouldn't send their boys off with girls due to possibly improper sexual contact during the camps have a good reason to worry. I know parents dumping it before the Eagle Scouts year. It's a bit messed up, but then again, I thought DADT was a fine policy.
Pages: 1 2