FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rumours re: His Grace Piero Marini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Damian Thompson posted in his Telegraph blog this morning that there are rumours that Pope Francis may appoint Archbishop [i]Piero[/i] Marini Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for Divine Worship, i.e. the chief liturgist of the Church!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damian...s-move/?fb
Disheartening if true !

tim

I wonder if the other Marini, the current MC, will resign soon.  This must all be very hard on him.
Although I see he is in Rio preparing for the WYD.
Could he resign if he wanted to?
If this is done then the Pope is not sincere in cleaning house since he will be returning someone from the past to his position.
(06-30-2013, 09:25 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]If this is done then the Pope is not sincere in cleaning house since he will be returning someone from the past to his position.

Agreed. I also think it would be a posture against what Benedict was trying to accomplish liturgically , whether intentional or not.
(06-30-2013, 11:34 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2013, 09:25 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]If this is done then the Pope is not sincere in cleaning house since he will be returning someone from the past to his position.

Agreed. I also think it would be a posture against what Benedict was trying to accomplish liturgically , whether intentional or not.

I think it would be quite intentional, eh?
I pray it isn't true.
Horrendous news if true.  :crazy:
First read of the rumor on Rorate Caeli.

A huge setback if it's true.

But then again, I can't remember the last time the Congregation  for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments did anything of significance.