FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: JPII and JXXIII both to be canonised (Breaking News)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23198312

The Vatican says Pope John Paul II is to become a saint.

Pope Francis authorised a second miracle attributed to the late pontiff, clearing the way for his canonisation, which is expected later this year.

The Polish-born pontiff led the Roman Catholic Church from 1978 until his death in 2005.

Pope Francis also approved the sainthood of Pope John XXIII (1958-1963), though no second miracle has been attributed to his intercession.
“I am happy. You should be too. Let us pray together with joy” Pope John Paul II right before he died.

"I feel that my mission is about to begin, my mission to make God loved as I love him, to teach souls my little way ... the way of trust and absolute surrender ... I will spend heaven doing good on earth." St. Therese
Wow.... Shocked
Like I said before, let the chips land where they fall. We'll see what will happen next when and after these events occur.
JPII is getting a bump even without a second miracle being verified and fast tracked. People just can't wait for him to be a saint!

Most snarky comment I've heard "JPII the patron saint of ignoring scandals."
Will they sing "Sympathy for the Devil's advocate" at the canonisation ceremony.  Cry(
(07-05-2013, 09:14 AM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]JPII is getting a bump even without a second miracle being verified and fast tracked. People just can't wait for him to be a saint!

I think you read the OP wrong. A second miracle has been confirmed for John Paul II. It's John XXIII who doesn't have a second miracle attributed to him. Smile
Now you will se all the haters attacking JPII,  Abe Foxman is already preparing his scathing attack, no doubt, and can the JDL be far behind? They wont be alone, you can be sure to hear about coverups, and all sorts of alleged atrocities. The Catholic haters will be soon out in force. In a wat, that's good; they can be clearly identified
(07-05-2013, 10:49 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]Now you will se all the haters attacking JPII,  Abe Foxman is already preparing his scathing attack, no doubt, and can the JDL be far behind? They wont be alone, you can be sure to hear about coverups, and all sorts of alleged atrocities. The Catholic haters will be soon out in force. In a wat, that's good; they can be clearly identified

Gee, I'm a Catholic and I don't think either JP II or John XXIII are deserving of sainthood. Does that enroll me in Catholic Haters University? Guess I hate myself...
What can you do? Canonizations are infallible. I guess kissing the Koran will make you a saint now. Huh?

Hell, Alexander VI is more deserving of sainthood than either of those men. LOL

I just can't stand that John XXIII is being canonized without a second miracle, but they leave Pius XII in the dust. If any Pope deserves to be called "The Great", it's Pius XII.

POPE SAINT PIUS XII THE GREAT! Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17