FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Student ordered to remove cross
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-06-2013, 12:41 PM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]And if it was a Jewish star all the pressure groups would be there to protect her religious identity, it would be covered in several news stories, the university prez would have to step down, Christians would hold vigils for their Jewish friends. Etc.

Yes, and if it had something to do with Islam, the sparks would fly far and wide. For instance, if a Muslim in traditional garb, and he/she were asked to remove it  lest it offend a Christian, can you imagine?
A Catholic college employee who won an apology from her public university after her supervisor told her to hide her cross necklace says students should defend their right to express their religious beliefs.

“I would encourage them to stand up for their faith and their convictions,” Audrey Jarvis told CNA July 9. “If they sense that something is not right or might even be a violation of their rights, they should definitely speak up.”

Jarvis, a 19-year-old liberal arts major at California's Sonoma State University, was working at a June 27 student orientation fair for new freshmen as an employee of the university’s Associated Student Productions, a student programming organization.

Jarvis’ supervisor told her to remove the cross necklace because it might offend others or make new students feel unwelcome, the religious freedom legal group The Liberty Institute reports. The supervisor told her that the university chancellor had a policy against wearing religious items.

“I was stunned and caught off guard. I did not expect this to happen to me,” Jarvis said. “I was quite upset and I left work early that day, which is out of character for me.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/s...-necklace/
(07-06-2013, 12:56 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2013, 12:41 PM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]And if it was a Jewish star all the pressure groups would be there to protect her religious identity, it would be covered in several news stories, the university prez would have to step down, Christians would hold vigils for their Jewish friends. Etc.

Yes, and if it had something to do with Islam, the sparks would fly far and wide. For instance, if a Muslim in traditional garb, and he/she were asked to remove it  lest it offend a Christian, can you imagine?

In Europe their are whole countries where women are banned from wearing their traditional hijab in public areas. I think in most of them Christians can wear crosses - but only if they are not easily visible.
(07-12-2013, 12:16 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2013, 12:56 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Ursus' pid='1187673' dateline='1373128915']
And if it was a Jewish star all the pressure groups would be there to protect her religious identity, it would be covered in several news stories, the university prez would have to step down, Christians would hold vigils for their Jewish friends. Etc.

In Europe their are whole countries where women are banned from wearing their traditional hijab in public areas. I think in most of them Christians can wear crosses - but only if they are not easily visible.
[/

Then you need to choose, God or PC.....Remember Jesus said if you deny Him before man, He will deny you before His Father. Choose God every time.
Pages: 1 2