FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Is Food for the Poor Promoting Transvestism?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday, I signed up for the charity Food for the Poor's "Friday Fast" ongoing donation and liked the organization on my Facebook page.  Today, I see on Facebook that a recent fundraiser ("Louisville Residents Don Derby Hats & Heels to Stomp Out Poverty") had men dressed in drag as entries under  "Most Fabulous Guy in Heels."  :O

http://support.foodforthepoor.org/site/TR?fr_id=2390&pg=entry

"More than 150 Louisville residents dressed in Derby fashion came out to support Food For The Poor’s High Heels & Hats 1-mile stroll on April 20 at The Summit. Proceeds from the event went toward programs that help alleviate poverty in the Caribbean and Latin America. The big winners for the day were: Alisa Zanetti for the Highest Heels; April Porterfield for Biggest Hat; and Michael Parrish for Most Fabulous Guy in Heels. This year’s winners wore 6-inch high heels, and a 31-inch Derby hat."

I have given to Food to the Poor several times in the past initially due to a visiting priest's talk on the (interdenominational) organization's behalf, as well as the seemingly high fiduciary responsibility and outside oversight.  Should I discontinue my enrollment in monthly donations or forgive this as an oversight? 
It could be good fun, if it wasn't now bound up with the fact that we have a raging gay culture.
Harmless fun, however the 6-inch heels could lead to an ankle/leg injury... :eyeroll:
(07-12-2013, 04:34 PM)eschera Wrote: [ -> ]Harmless fun, however the 6-inch heels could lead to an ankle/leg injury... :eyeroll:

Thanks.  I guess I'm just a charity case when it comes to taste...  :grandpa:
There's a real problem with Food for the Poor and it's not this. I was a strong supporter when I had real money. What has happened is a sex scandal with the founder Ferdinand Mahfood. He gave money to two female employees sort of as hush money. Here's NCR's article. I still give them some moola.

http://www.ncregister.com/site/article/f...f_scandal/

tim
Of course, this thread's ads feature high heels.
(07-12-2013, 06:53 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, this thread's ads feature high heels.

LOL. That's what I was thinking too!
"Hence it is in of itself sinful for a woman to wear man's clothes or vice-versa; especially since this may be the cause of sensuous pleasure; and it is expressly forbidden in the Law." (Deut. 22)-St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa

So, no, it isn't good fun...

It's good fun in my opinion.
(07-12-2013, 06:53 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, this thread's ads feature high heels.

AdBlock  :thumb:
Pages: 1 2