FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: RH Law defeated again for the 15th time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-25-2013, 07:09 AM)Melkite Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2013, 12:16 PM)Parmandur Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard that Fillipino's circumcise.  Doesn't matter if they do or don't, anyways.  Get over it, man.  :LOL:

Sure it matters!  It's an excommunicable offense.  Church teaching is not indifferent on circumcision.

Good guess how "circumcision" got in the discussion  ???  Anyway, here's the dope:  Filipinos are circumcized 95% of the time.  They are not (the majority) when tbey are born at the hospital or at home.  However, every year in
April and May, hundreds of 8 to 12 year olds gather at the local barangay (barrio) clinic where several tables are set and they line up, drop their pants, lie on the table and the local MD starts the "rite."  This is done publicly, in view of whoever is there to watch, parents, sibs, et al.  Each province, city, town, have their own times for the
ritual. Where I live it's done in Apr or May.  The procedure is free.  Also, btw, many boys would go to the self-
appointed barrio (witch) "doctor" who does the procedure in sort of crude way, just pull the skin and cut it off while chewing some guava leaves and spitting it on the fresh "wound."  Amazingly, no infection ever reported.
(07-25-2013, 10:46 PM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]Good guess how "circumcision" got in the discussion  ???  Anyway, here's the dope:  Filipinos are circumcized 95% of the time.  They are not (the majority) when tbey are born at the hospital or at home.  However, every year in
April and May, hundreds of 8 to 12 year olds gather at the local barangay (barrio) clinic where several tables are set and they line up, drop their pants, lie on the table and the local MD starts the "rite."  This is done publicly, in view of whoever is there to watch, parents, sibs, et al.  Each province, city, town, have their own times for the
ritual. Where I live it's done in Apr or May.  The procedure is free.  Also, btw, many boys would go to the self-
appointed barrio (witch) "doctor" who does the procedure in sort of crude way, just pull the skin and cut it off while chewing some guava leaves and spitting it on the fresh "wound."  Amazingly, no infection ever reported.

Utterly barbaric...

Thank you for the first-hand info, though.
Forgot to add:  the uncircumcised is treated like a pariah.  I know for one, my 7 year old nephew was the object of ridicule and bullying by his classmates in school (came so to the point he would avoid going to the restroom) that he begged his dad to take him to do the procedure.  It should have been done when he was born but I believe the mother was against it.  Anyway, he got his wish and now is "admired" by his peers.  :LOL:  Yep, this is a big thing here.
Pages: 1 2