FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: CANONIZE John Paul II??! Restoration Radio, July 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
------------------------------------------------------

CANONIZE John Paul II??!

Conversation with Bp.Donald Sanborn and Fr. Anthony Cekada

------------------------------------------------------

TUESDAY, July 23, 2013                        TONIGHT LIVE!
7:30 PM EDT

Restoration Radio

Listen at this link
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/restoration...onizations

(949) 272-9417: call in to speak with host

His Excellency Bishop Donald Sanborn and Fr. Anthony Cekada join hosts Nicholas Wansbutter and Stephen Heiner to discuss the announced "canonizations" of John Paul II. In this episode they will discuss:

• What is a saint?
* The infallibility of decrees of canonization.
* John Paul II: a model for true Catholics?

This will be broadcast #5 in Clerical Conversations on the Crisis, a production of the Restoration Radio Network.  All rights are reserved.

If you are unable to listen live, this program will be available for download.
Oh boy.

I think Patrick Coffin should call in....lol.
Father, what's up with the quotation marks around canonization?  Isn't it within the Pope's authority to canonize people?
(07-23-2013, 11:10 AM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]Father, what's up with the quotation marks around canonization?  Isn't it within the Pope's authority to canonize people?

Fr. Cekada is a sede, so it's a moot point.
I guess all canonizations since 1962 are impious imitations of the True Canonizations  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(07-23-2013, 03:44 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote: [ -> ]I guess all canonizations since 1962 are impious imitations of the True Canonizations  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OK, OK, Philsoraptor, I'm not going to be unreasonable about it...

I concede that JP2 would be the perfect patron saint for topless lady lectors!
(07-23-2013, 06:54 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2013, 03:44 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote: [ -> ]I guess all canonizations since 1962 are impious imitations of the True Canonizations  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Never thought I would respond to a quote by Fr. Cekada but here goes:

The female human breast is not recognized as a universal sexualized organ. Countries such as Papua New Guinea, Mali, etc. only view it simply as "baby-feeding udders" and therefore, not something worth covering up. That being said, with all due respect Fr. Cekada, it's fair to argue the theological consequences of female lectors (I think they are a bad idea that brings about confusion) but I think you could use better comebacks than that.  You can't blame cultural differences on JPII when he was presented with those topless female lectors. There's too much Western bias in your statement, even if it's meant to be a joke.

P.S. I've read parts of your book. It's very interesting and I wish I could obtain it again. :P
For some reason the audio on this keeps cutting in and out.
(07-23-2013, 07:22 PM)RedCaves Wrote: [ -> ]

The female human breast is not recognized as a universal sexualized organ. Countries such as Papua New Guinea, Mali, etc. only view it simply as "baby-feeding udders" and therefore, not something worth covering up. That being said, with all due respect Fr. Cekada, it's fair to argue the theological consequences of female lectors (I think they are a bad idea that brings about confusion) but I think you could use better comebacks than that.  You can't blame cultural differences on JPII when he was presented with those topless female lectors. There's too much Western bias in your statement, even if it's meant to be a joke.

P.S. I've read parts of your book. It's very interesting and I wish I could obtain it again. :P

Western bias?  You might do a little research into just what  the missionaries taught the savages – Christian modesty (among the rest of the tenants Catholic faith).
(07-23-2013, 07:22 PM)RedCaves Wrote: [ -> ]

Your justification for the topless lady lector works only if one accepts Vatican II's principles on liturgical inculturation, which (obviously!) I do not. And as for Western bias, count me in!  :)

My book is no longer sold on Amazon, due to the exorbitant losses they forced us to take on overseas shipping.

Work of Human Hands now available for $24.95 plus postage, from

www.SGGResources.org
Pages: 1 2 3 4