FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: World Youth RIO 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was flipping through the channels and came across this on EWTN. There appeared to be some sort of awful SHINE, JESUS SHINE protestant type hymn playing live by a vocal group consisting of 40 people or so. After the song was over they panned over to a bunch of clergymen holding umbrellas at night. Apparently this was part of a mass! I can't believe how bad our church is allowed to be presented. This looked exactly like some bizarro protestant service but with a few chants thrown in by the priest.
Oh yeah, they even had the SIGN OF PEACE on a *mass* scale. Thousands of people, including the clergy, hugging and kissing. Sometimes I feel like I'm not part of the same religion. With so many people practicing this way how can they be wrong, though?
This why I never ever go near EWTN when WYD is a happening baby. I need to preserve my sanity.Don't tell me if Barry Manilow sings I go to Rio with my baby.

tim
(07-23-2013, 08:16 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]This why I never ever go near EWTN when WYD is a happening baby. I need to preserve my sanity.Don't tell me if Barry Manilow sings I go to Rio with my baby.

tim
:LOL: :LOL: :rofl:
I'm hoping Pope Francis uses both barrels so to speak. On the one hand the exercise is Charity and Mercy is Christ, yet he told the woman at the well to "sin no more",  and he whipped the usurers in the Temple. It's time to follow Him completely not one or the other.

tim
Hey Tim, remember this one? I wouldn't mind if this was played at WYD. These same pictures can be flashed on a giant screen just like this:

LOL   :LOL:
Lm, you bet I remember that ditty. My younger brother Tom was into all of the southern rock.  Lots of it was pretty good. My favorite was Little Feat, especially Dixie Chicken.

tim
Blame it on Rio.....
(07-24-2013, 10:37 AM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: [ -> ]Blame it on Rio.....

LOL...I wish I could.
(07-24-2013, 08:51 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hoping Pope Francis uses both barrels so to speak. On the one hand the exercise is Charity and Mercy is Christ, yet he told the woman at the well to "sin no more",  and he whipped the usurers in the Temple. It's time to follow Him completely not one or the other.

tim
Amen, Tim.  Not to stroke your ego or anything, but you're wise.  :tiphat:
Pages: 1 2