FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: His Holiness mentions "Masonic Lobby" which largely goes unnoticed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If the transcript from his in flight press conference is accurate, the Holy Father mentioned a Masonic Lobby along with the Gay Lobby, etc.  I personally did not catch this the first time around, but it is surely worthy of discussion.  I for one, am quite glad to hear him acknowledge this openly, which seems to be a rarity. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-2...WEET837994

http://www.ewtn.com/library/ANSWERS/WHATMAS.HTM

"The Catholic Church has difficulties with Freemasonry because it is indeed a kind of religion unto itself. The practice of Freemasonry includes temples, altars, a moral code, worship services, vestments, feast days, a hierarchy of leadership, initiation and burial rites, and promises of eternal reward and punishment. While in America most Masons are Christian and will display a Bible on their "altar," in the same lodges or elsewhere, Jews, Moslems, Hindus or other non-Christian religions can be admitted and may use their own sacred scriptures. (In France, in 1877, the "Grand Orient" Lodge eliminated the need to believe in God or the immortality of the soul, thereby admitting atheists into their fold; this atheistic type of Freemasonry spread particularly in Latin countries.)

Moreover, the rituals involve the corruption of Christianity. The cross is merely a symbol of nature and eternal life, devoid of Christ's sacrifice for sin. INRI (For Christians, "Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum," i.e. Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews) means for Masons "Igne Natura Renovatur Integra" ("the fire of nature rejuvenates all) referring to the sacred fire's (truth and love) regeneration of mankind, just as the sun regenerates nature in the Spring." :chainsaw:

Yes I was surprised to see him openly mention the Masons. That is good news, to know at least that it is on his radar and that it hasn't been completely dropped down the memory hole.

However the rest of what he was saying in this interview leaves much to be desired.

More ambiguity, looking on the brightside, trying to compromise and make peace etc etc.

Postponing the hard work of a restoration for yet another generation.
It will be interesting to see how HH the Pope will welcome an excommunicated french priest who has been suspended due to his belonging to the .:FM.
On last jul 14th, this man has begun walking a trip from the french Savoie to Rome as a protest against that disciplining decision, after the Great Master of the .: "Grand Orient de France" (GODF) wrote a letter to the Pope.
No reply was given by the Vatican to his audience request.
http://blogs.lexpress.fr/lumiere-franc-m...r-le-pape/
WOW! :nonsum: I am delighted that His Holiness has mentioned these various lobbies and even included the Masons! He's really exposing everything we've all rumored about but now we know to be true. Good job, Francis! Now let's fix up the French episcopacy which is rife with Masons.
He needs to stop mentioning Masons and getting rid of them in Vatican City, talk is cheap!
I think there are all kinds of lobbies that want the Church to do this or that.