FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic Woman Defends Men and Our Roles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nearly cried when I read this.....sorry not ashamed to admit it!

http://www.catholic.org/hf/family/story.php?id=51910

Finally, a woman that respects / understands men.
(07-31-2013, 02:46 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: [ -> ]Nearly cried when I read this.....sorry not ashamed to admit it!

This was a great article.  More husbands need that kind of respect and admiration from their wives.  A lot of what I hear in women's groups is husband-bashing.
Thanks for the link.  I appreciate seeing a woman expressing a good attitude about men.  My husband is my hero too.

From the article Wrote:In the end, Good husbands do exist and they are not in the minority, nor are they what the media portrays them as. Isn't about time we praise our husbands and declare their worth?

Amen to that!  My personal take is that there are a lot more great husbands out there than there are great wives. That's just my experience of the world. In any case, I definitely think that most women don't have a clue what it is men go through, the pressure men feel to support and protect their families. So many modern women are brainwashed into not only being spoiled, but in thinking they're the only ones who suffer. There's very little respect for men out there, from women to the very laws of the land. Things need to change -- and fast.

At the same time, I am seeing a backlash against women. That needs to be nipped before it goes any further -- but I don't think it will change until laws are changed to eliminate no-fault divorce and the raping of men financially, abortion is outlawed by the States, and sex is taken seriously by both sexes, with women being in the natural position of being the gatekeepers in that regard (even though we like sex just as much as men do).
(07-31-2013, 03:43 PM)GGG Wrote: [ -> ]This was a great article.  More husbands need that kind of respect and admiration from their wives.  A lot of what I hear in women's groups is husband-bashing.

Great to know more women agree with the author!

(07-31-2013, 04:46 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link.  I appreciate seeing a woman expressing a good attitude about men.  My husband is my hero too.

And I am sure he is happy to be so!

(07-31-2013, 06:54 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
From the article Wrote:In the end, Good husbands do exist and they are not in the minority, nor are they what the media portrays them as. Isn't about time we praise our husbands and declare their worth?

Amen to that!  My personal take is that there are a lot more great husbands out there than there are great wives. That's just my experience of the world. In any case, I definitely think that most women don't have a clue what it is men go through, the pressure men feel to support and protect their families. So many modern women are brainwashed into not only being spoiled, but in thinking they're the only ones who suffer. There's very little respect for men out there, from women to the very laws of the land. Things need to change -- and fast.

At the same time, I am seeing a backlash against women. That needs to be nipped before it goes any further -- but I don't think it will change until laws are changed to eliminate no-fault divorce and the raping of men financially, abortion is outlawed by the States, and sex is taken seriously by both sexes, with women being in the natural position of being the gatekeepers in that regard (even though we like sex just as much as men do).

Agree totally with you here Vox! I think both men and women need to be gatekeepers though. A woman will not respect a man that lives, breathes, and dines on sex. I wouldn't expect her to. A godly woman entitled  to high quality sex which can only be provided by a man of high quality. A man of high quality would be a man that understands and shares his manly honor with his wife and only his wife. Such a man will find completeness in himself when he understands his true satisfaction is rooted in his understanding the beauty of his wife's emotion so he can minister the sacrament of marriage to her fully by nourishing her inner person.
(07-31-2013, 02:46 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: [ -> ]Nearly cried when I read this.....sorry not ashamed to admit it!

Real men don't cry!  :readrules:
(07-31-2013, 11:25 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]

Real men don't cry!   :readrules:

Real Christians don't judge people!  :readrules:

Real Christians have a sense of humor! :P
(08-01-2013, 12:12 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Real Christians have a sense of humor! :P

yup :)  i am probably a bigger crybaby than all of y'all.  I turned in my man card years ago
(08-01-2013, 10:20 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2013, 12:12 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Real Christians have a sense of humor! :P

yup :)  i am probably a bigger crybaby than all of y'all.  I turned in my man card years ago

I'm Italian-American; I love emotional men :)
Pages: 1 2