FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Franciscans of Immaculate: Last days in the old ways: 12 novices, 16 in vows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Feast Days For the Franciscans of the Immaculate in the Immemorial Mass of All Ages -- 12 New Novices, 16 Temporary Vows

[Image: Francescane-dellImmacolata-191x300.jpg]

(Rome) The last two days were hard days for the Franciscans of the Immaculate. On Thursday at the Pilgrimage sight of Mary of Good Counsel 12 new novices were vested in Frigento. The sanctuary is cared for by the Franciscans of the Immaculate.

Yesterday, Friday, 16 Franciscans made first vows. On both days, the Holy Mass was celebrated solemnly in the Traditional Rite, as has been usual internally for the order for several years. Till the 11th of August it is still possible.

The celebrant was the General of the Order, Father Gabriele Maria Pellettieri, who founded the order together with Father Stefano Maria Manelli. Father General Manelli conducted the investiture of postulants and the temporary vows of the novices.

There were still two large solemn occasions for the vibrant order before the Decree of the Congregation of Religious enters into force. The two liturgies reminiscent of past times, as now so rarely can orders absorb new members in such numbers today in Europe. They testify to the vitality of the Catholic Church, despite the rampant secularization of the world. Before the Order moved to the Old Rite upon the Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum , the number of novices was lower and they even came mainly from the Philippines, where the Order began its early work. On Thursday and Friday it was noticed that the new entrants seem to all come from Europe.

Father Stefano Maria Manelli spoke with the greatest inner peace of mind to the nuns and novices. His remarks focused on the holiness of life as a nun. Nothing pointed to the dramatic intervention in the religious life of the order by the Congregation of Religious.

While the Minister General, deposed by Rome, placed wreaths on the Novices for their profession, the sister choir sang the Veni, sponsa Christi, quam tibi Dominus accipe coronam preparavit in aeternum .

Requests for permission to be allowed to celebrate in the future in the Old Rite have to be judged for each individual priest and each community separately says the Apostolic Commissioner. Whether these can be addressed directly above or have the permission of Rome (which location?) must obtain, is unclear. There are, nevertheless, that a large part of the Order that still wants, despite these rules, to continue the Old Rite hold and to make such requests.

Text: Giuseppe Nardi 12
http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/
There is an article that quotes a Fr. Bruno of saying that 80% of the Order wanted intervention.  Yet that friar has since said that he never said such a thing. Someone made that figure up.  If in truth it was 6 dissenters then we can see that it does not take much to abolish the TLM.  Meanwhile the abuses in the N.O. all over the world continue on and souls continue to fall out.

Assassination Attempt on Old Mass: Input by 6 Members -- Pretext?

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2013...input.html

(Rome) Six out of 800 members of the order of the Franciscans of the Immaculate (FI) have made a submission to the Roman Congregation for Religious. A small minority. Thus, they protested against the decision of the Order's leadership, to use the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite and to remain bi-ritual for the pastoral care of the faithful. Some of the six dissidents are now no longer in the Order, they were excluded because of disobedience and indiscipline.

It may be argued that only a pretext was sought for the Congregation of Religious to take action against the exemplary order. The radical intervention shows a dreadful lack of liturgical sensibility. Only such a deficiency may explain a ham fisted methods of this magnitude, which deprives the heart of religious life for four branches with more than 100 monasteries and houses and it seems to be the opinion that the Old Rite being simply replaced by the new is desirable. Upon the disempowerment of the Founder and the imposition of a Commission is expected to prevent a reaction to this by the Order.

From katholisches...

Text: Giuseppi Nardi
I wonder when we will find out if ever just what the whole story is with the FFI.

C.
Who knows besides Jesus. I'm very much inclined because I'm a suspicious type to believe it was the six and they found someone that wanted to rid the order of the TLM. Birds of a feather...

tim
(08-04-2013, 06:52 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Who knows besides Jesus. I'm very much inclined because I'm a suspicious type to believe it was the six and they found someone that wanted to rid the order of the TLM. Birds of a feather...

tim
Their Apostolic Visitator was publicly making fun of the piety of the Franciscans even before the decree was published.
(08-04-2013, 06:52 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Who knows besides Jesus. I'm very much inclined because I'm a suspicious type to believe it was the six and they found someone that wanted to rid the order of the TLM. Birds of a feather...

tim

Well it looks like things have been distorted quite a bit. A clarification has been posted on the FFI site. The Italian version: http://www.immacolata.com/index.php/it/3...=profile#_=

This seems to be kind of a digest rather than a translation: http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com...m-ffi.html

C.
(08-04-2013, 07:32 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote: [ -> ]

tim
Their Apostolic Visitator was publicly making fun of the piety of the Franciscans even before the decree was published.

Where did you get that information, Freudentaumel?
(08-04-2013, 04:23 AM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder when we will find out if ever just what the whole story is with the FFI.

I wonder if people will ever stop making up their minds before they have the whole story.  About this or any other subject.
my computer only translated the website but not the letter. If the "digest" above is correct ---. I cannot even imagine how those new novices adn otehrs feel. Is there any other word from inside FII or have they basically closed ranks  until they themselves sort out wht comes next?
(08-04-2013, 08:27 AM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2013, 07:32 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote: [ -> ]

tim

Where did you get that information, Freudentaumel?

http://fidesetforma.blogspot.de/2013/07/...ne-di.html

The Author by chance sat in a pizzeria on a table next to Msgr. Todisco (who wore civil clothes) when he spoke about the Franciscans.
Pages: 1 2