FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: TAN Books, Brand New Discounted Re-sellers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanted to share this website. It specializes in TAN books, especially titles that TAN itself will no longer sell themselves. I would point out 3 titles that should be of particular interest:

The Rhine Flows Into The Tiber-A History of Vatican II, By: Rev. Ralph Wiltgen (A must read for those that want to read a blow by blow of what happened in the council. This one is hard to find at a reasonable price. If you have not read this, YOU NEED TO!)

The Ottaviani Intervention-A Short Critical Study of the New Order of Mass, By: Cardinals Ottaviani & Bacci (For those that don't want to buy Fr. Cekada's newest version, this one by TAN can put skeptics mind at ease, as TAN is a recognized and respected Catholic press. FYI, Fr. Cekada wrote this one of TAN's as well and he does an excellent job.)

Problems With The Prayers of The Modern Mass, By: Rev. Anthony Cekada (a great run down of the issues of the propers of the Mass, such as the Collects, again under the TAN title and can be given out to others so they can see themselves.)

There are many other titles as well that are greatly discounted and all brand new. I've ordered titles before and they deliver quickly. Great resource!

https://www.catholicbooksellers.com/merc.../index.php
Ooh, they have lots of good stuff!  I just glanced at the first few titles and they have "The Ways of Mental Prayer" and "The Way of Perfection." I recommend them so very highly to anyone who needs to improve their prayer life (which is pretty much everybody, right?  :grin:)
I wonder if they have Devotion For the Dying an excellent but rarely heard of much less read bookj that TAN used to have.
anything on devotion to the wrath of god?
(08-05-2013, 06:57 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, they have lots of good stuff!  I just glanced at the first few titles and they have "The Ways of Mental Prayer" and "The Way of Perfection." I recommend them so very highly to anyone who needs to improve their prayer life (which is pretty much everybody, right?  :grin:)

I noticed the books on the saints. I would like to start reading on the saints. Any suggestions? Thanks.
(08-05-2013, 07:19 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if they have Devotion For the Dying an excellent but rarely heard of much less read bookj that TAN used to have.

They have it in there, for a cheaper price too!
I hope they improve their book binding techniques. Every TAN book I've ever owned falls apart!
(08-06-2013, 09:34 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I hope they improve their book binding techniques. Every TAN book I've ever owned falls apart!

yes.  this is exactly what comes to my mind whenever i hear 'tan books.' 

however, i think they have greatly improved their book binding in recent years.  it should only be the older books that fall apart easily.

btw, wasn't it unjust to sell people such crappy books?  :eyeroll:
(08-05-2013, 08:30 PM)johnnyc Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2013, 06:57 PM)iona_scribe Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, they have lots of good stuff!  I just glanced at the first few titles and they have "The Ways of Mental Prayer" and "The Way of Perfection." I recommend them so very highly to anyone who needs to improve their prayer life (which is pretty much everybody, right?  :grin:)

I noticed the books on the saints. I would like to start reading on the saints. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I've only been Catholic for 6 years, so I'm not as well read as I wish I was. Any of those books on that site look really good. Personally, I like St. Teresa of Avila because she's great at writing about prayer.  I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
I came across this website recently when I was in the market for The Three Ages of the Interior Life.  At the time, I thought that the prices were so low that there's no way they could be legit.  They've got some great deals, so it's worth a shot.
Pages: 1 2