FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Work of Human Hands-Fr. Cekada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I cannot recommend this book enough. It is THE definitve work on the NO. If you want to see why the NO is so defective , read this. Thank you, father! Well done!
I was recommended this book by a friend who is a evangelical convert to Eastern Catholicism. After seeing the reviews by some Catholics who are in communion with Rome, I was like "eh, why not?"
I've heard many good things about it, there was even a Vatican official, I forgot who, who gave it a favorable review too. And I just watched Fr. Cekada's quick overview on Youtube, which makes me more anxious than ever to get a copy! Too bad I'm broke right now  :broke: :grin:
Do we have a swap or barter system on here? Juan..I was going to purchase it and I'd be glad to send it along when I'm finished..
I would rather not read a schismatic's perspective on a religion which he does not participate in.
(08-06-2013, 03:28 PM)devoutchristian Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather not read a schismatic's perspective on a religion which he does not participate in.

Of course it's your prerogative to ignore the facts. The book hardly show his opinions, merely the facts backed up by copious footnotes. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. The truth of what happened these last 100 years has that effect on some people. I am not a sede, but I find Fr.'s Catholicity far more authentic than most in the NO world.
(08-06-2013, 03:28 PM)devoutchristian Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather not read a schismatic's perspective on a religion which he does not participate in.

So...What's in YOUR library? (read as the Capital One commercials)
(08-06-2013, 02:23 PM)Armor of Light Wrote: [ -> ]Do we have a swap or barter system on here? Juan..I was going to purchase it and I'd be glad to send it along when I'm finished..

I believe we do have a subforum, but since we're on here already, that would be awesome, I'll PM you a list later today of my collection of books to see if there's anything you might find of interest to swap for.
(08-06-2013, 03:34 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: [ -> ]
I find Fr.'s Catholicity far more authentic than most in the NO world.

You think that most Catholics who attend the Novus Ordo don't know who the Pope is?
I think most pew-warmers in the typical NO parish would buy books from Joel Osteen and have never heard of St. John of the Cross.
Pages: 1 2 3 4