FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fransisco Franco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think of Fransisco Franco?
Christian hero of Spain. Unfortunately, the rightful King of Spain betrayed his legacy. 
He's still dead.

(08-12-2013, 11:38 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]Christian hero of Spain. Unfortunately, the rightful King of Spain betrayed his legacy. 

I agree.
(08-12-2013, 11:44 AM)devoutchristian Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2013, 11:38 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]Christian hero of Spain. Unfortunately, the rightful King of Spain betrayed his legacy. 

I agree.

I agree as well, based on what I've read.  By no means was he perfect in how he handled the Spanish Civil War and the peace afterwords, but he tried to preserve Spain's traditions and saved Spain from being a Soviet satellite state.  Unfortunately, it seems most of his success was almost immediately undone after his death and it seems Spain has been on the downward slide ever since.

This is a pretty good book (but not a very exciting read) about Franco http://www.amazon.com/The-Franco-Regime-1936-1975-ebook/dp/B009NZHEY8/ref=sr_1_6_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376334254&sr=1-6

Here is a very interesting read about Franco standing up to Hitler http://www.amazon.com/Hitler-Stopped-Franco-Jane-Boyar/dp/0971039208/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376334375&sr=1-1&keywords=hitler+stopped+by+franco
(08-12-2013, 11:40 AM)guacamole Wrote: [ -> ]He's still dead.

What was that clip taken from?
(08-12-2013, 03:20 PM)devoutchristian Wrote: [ -> ]What was that clip taken from?

it's vintage saturday night live from the mid-1970's.  the anchor is chevy chase.  they reported on franco's death on a regular basis.
The left always hated Franco because he played the game as they did and beat them at it. After he died the phony royal family of Spain to preserve their monarchy rejected the man who saved them. Jesus had Judas, Franco had the Spanish royal family.