FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Trolls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Trolls have infected the tank. How we gonna deal with them ?

I say ignore them, because with trolls, even a single reply hands them victory on a platter.

what do others think ?

Who do you think the trolls are? What makes them "trolls"? Do trolls get conversations going -- and, if so, does their presence offer some value to the place?

For realz: what makes a "troll" a "troll"? I want opinions!

P.S. I don't want anyone naming names in this thread! Email me (Tracy@FishEaters.com) if you think there's a troll problem and name the trolls there -- NOT here. Please don't expect a reply to any emails about this (I'm a babysitting fool lately!), but know that I will read what you have to say and "take it under advisement," as they say. Note that I want more than names; I want reasons as to why you consider them trolls. And by reasons, I mean, aside from general characterizations that can be backed up, quotes or references to posts, preferably with URLs.
Worst troll on the forum is Vox Clamantis.

There, I added a poll. But please remember to keep names in private emails to me, not posted in the tread. K? K!
I've noticed a few during my time here.
(08-14-2013, 02:52 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]There, I added a poll. But please remember to keep names in private emails to me, not posted in the tread. K? K!

Thanks for cleaning up my trainwreck lol.
Trolls are generally those who post with the intention of getting a rise out of others. They think it's funny.

But there are other sorts that would be likened to a troll. An example would be the average NO/mainstream Catholic who registers at FE to ridicule and contradict trads. They know they will incite anger and such, and that is why I'd put them in the troll family. They are different from the NO Catholic who is here to debate and discuss.

(08-14-2013, 02:51 AM)Basilios Wrote: [ -> ]Worst troll on the forum is Vox Clamantis.

Careful. I live under that bridge right near your house, man!
(08-14-2013, 03:29 AM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]Trolls are generally those who post with the intention of getting a rise out of others. They think it's funny.

But there are other sorts that would be likened to a troll. An example would be the average NO/mainstream Catholic who registers at FE to ridicule and contradict trads. They know they will incite anger and such, and that is why I'd put them in the troll family. They are different from the NO Catholic who is here to debate and discuss.

I don't mind people not engaging in serious conversation if they're funny, not  mean-spirited, and not complete idiots, but the folks who sign up just to rile us -- that's a different story. People don't have to be trad to post here (they don't have to be Catholic at all), but if they're not either being entertaining or being real and are just causing problems or trying to argue us out of our beliefs, they can go elsewhere.
(08-14-2013, 03:48 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2013, 03:29 AM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]Trolls are generally those who post with the intention of getting a rise out of others. They think it's funny.

I don't mind people not engaging in serious conversation if they're funny, not  mean-spirited, and not complete idiots, but the folks who sign up just to rile us -- that's a different story. People don't have to be trad to post here (they don't have to be Catholic at all), but if they're not either being entertaining or being real and are just causing problems or trying to argue us out of our beliefs, they can go elsewhere.

I think it's best to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I agree that having non trads here keeps things interesting.

I've noticed a few other long term members here using the word troll lately though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5