FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Ideological-Theological Spectrum of Self-Identified Catholics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hermeneutic of Continuity/Conciliar Ambiguities
Baltimore Catechism/Roman Catechism
The Cause of Pius XII
FSSP
Quanta Cura/Christus Rex
Good Friday Prayer
Extraordinary Form (Anglican Use)*
EWTN/RCTV

I guess I am in between the 'n' in conservative and the 'T' in radical traditionalist?

*I'm a member of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, and I'm attached to both the EF and Anglican Use.
I'm in between conservative and traditionalist but a little more toward traditionalist I think. Prefer the TLM but don't mind a good Novus Ordo. I also don't care about politics as long as they follow Catholic teaching
I'm going to make my own category, seeing as I fit kind of between conservative and trad. Seeing as several of the rows don't actually match up (what does RNC have to do with the FFSP and the SSPX?), I'm going to have a few extra rows.

Hermeneutic of Continuity/Ambiguities (but there are ambiguities in everything--that's why we have a magisterium)
New Evangelization
CCC/Aquinas Catechism
Cause of Pius XII (and of Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
Traditional Conservative (a.k.a. anarcho-monarchist or feudalist)
FSSP/Miles Christi
I don't have a clue what to think about freedom of religion. I'll sort through it eventually.
Dialogue with other Christian churches/groups to see if we can't convince them to swim the Tiber en masse, political dialogue with Muslims to keep them from killing Arab Christians, and straight up conversion for all other religions, with intellectual exchange for the purpose of using their own ideas to convert them to Catholicism. Outside of this, I am not quite sure what purpose there is for dialogue.
Eastern Rite (if I could go); since I can't, EF/NO done rightly/Anglican Use. Whichever, it doesn't matter to me.
Books? (I don't watch TV or listen to radio)
Just so you know, I didn't make this. I found it on Church Militant's Facebook page.
(08-15-2013, 08:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2013, 08:32 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom's_Taxonomy

Oh, I knew what you were talking about. Of course, I buy very little of what comes out of the 'educational establishment' since John Dewey corrupted it in the early part of the XXth century. I consider Dewey, Marx and Freud the three great modern destroyers of civilisation.

Agree strongly with your list, especially Marx and Freud! Would you consider Nietzsche worthy of the title as well?
(08-16-2013, 12:13 AM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2013, 08:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2013, 08:32 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom's_Taxonomy

Oh, I knew what you were talking about. Of course, I buy very little of what comes out of the 'educational establishment' since John Dewey corrupted it in the early part of the XXth century. I consider Dewey, Marx and Freud the three great modern destroyers of civilisation.

Agree strongly with your list, especially Marx and Freud! Would you consider Nietzsche worthy of the title as well?

Close, but his influence (outside of academia) is much less than the three I named.
I like the idea of "santo subito." I want them to be able to say that about me when I die.
(08-16-2013, 12:41 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of "santo subito." I want them to be able to say that about me when I die.

It's weird because whenever I walk into Church people start whispering "the saint is here, the saint is here!" and they think I can't hear them. I tell them to not focus on my and that only makes them think me more of a saint. Santo subito indeed. True story.
(08-16-2013, 12:41 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I like the idea of "santo subito." I want them to be able to say that about me when I die.

gastrónomo subito!  :icecream:
(08-16-2013, 01:35 AM)Basilios Wrote: [ -> ]

It's weird because whenever I walk into Church people start whispering "the saint is here, the saint is here!" and they think I can't hear them. I tell them to not focus on my and that only makes them think me more of a saint. Santo subito indeed. True story.
Of course ten feet behind you was the real saint.
:) :) :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10