FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Report: Catholics and Lutherans consider their commonalities.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/aft...2013-08-21 14:48:01

Catholics and Lutherans consider their commonalities. 

Unsure
I'm relieve that it's not a "celebration".

/sarcasm
(08-21-2013, 11:28 AM)2Vermont Wrote: [ -> ]I'm relieve that it's not a "celebration".

/sarcasm

I am willing to wager that it will be presented that way in the MSM, and even many Catholic media outlets.  As such, the average Catholic in the pew will never be informed of the difference. 

When, oh when, is the Church going to realize that doing these sorts of things, even if not technically wrong or heretical, only serve to further scandalize and confuse the faithful? 
How many Catholics were martyred by Protestants?
(08-21-2013, 01:24 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]How many Catholics were martyred by Protestants?

Thousands. Hardly a priest left alive in England when Henry VIII was through with his terror.
“In 2017, we must confess openly that we have been guilty before Christ of damaging the unity of the church.”

Ah yes, another post-Vatican II apology.

(08-21-2013, 06:26 PM)2Vermont Wrote: [ -> ]“In 2017, we must confess openly that we have been guilty before Christ of damaging the unity of the church.”

Ah yes, another post-Vatican II apology.

Hey, the Lutherans are 'fessing up?!  LOL
i recently read that lutherans and roman catholics have reached an agreement on bratwurst.  is that true?  Huh?
(08-21-2013, 01:24 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]How many Catholics were martyred by Protestants?

How many Protestants were martyred by Catholics? 
(08-21-2013, 02:25 PM)Asperges me Wrote: [ -> ]

Thousands. Hardly a priest left alive in England when Henry VIII was through with his terror.

Henry VIII wasn't Lutheran....
Pages: 1 2 3 4