FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Documentary: Inside the medieval mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks man I have been wanting to learn more about medieval times
This is actually part of a  series of documentaries on "the medieval mnd," call on youtube. This one is "power,"  then there are "knowledge," "belief," and..."sex." I haven't watched that last one.  :Hmm:
There is a lot of good stuff to be found at www.dancarlin.com in a series called Hardcore History.

Particularly interesting monologue on the Anabaptists of Munster and all the crazy shit they got up to just after the Reformation.

Monologues are tough to keep interesting but Carlin is a master at it.
I was watching the episode of this series on YouTube about belief. I have to say that to some extent it was good, but I was disappointed at the same time. During the last segment on that episode they talked about the horror of Christians in the crusades like any other secular work on the medieval times, as well as the atrocities of Christians to Jews including anti-Semitism.

That is not to say that the medieval times did not have their flows, nor have any bad events or incidents, but many of this known facts about the medieval times are not facts at all.
Medieval Mind - Belief (part 1)