FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Now thats an Altar: St. Mary Norwalk Catholic Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please go to the Renovation tab on the website and see it for your self and keep this wonderful priest in your prayers he an many like him need it.

http://www.stmarynorwalk.net/

Enjoy the music while you are there too. By the way that is their choir.  Smile
(08-23-2013, 05:29 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]Please go to the Renovation tab on the website and see it for your self and keep this wonderful priest in your prayers he an many like him need it.

http://www.stmarynorwalk.net/

Enjoy the music while you are there too. By the way that is their choir.  Smile

Awesome! Looks like they ditched the Cramner table too.
Why Norwalk and not Norwich?

It's the Bridgeport Diocese, so that's probably why.  Hartford has the people, Bridgeport has the money, and Norwich has the faith.
Wow, that looks beautiful.  I bet the ordinary Form mass is beautiful as well.
(08-24-2013, 03:26 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that looks beautiful.   I bet the ordinary Form mass is beautiful as well.

The ditching of the Cramner table usually does the trick I would say 80% of the time.
(08-24-2013, 03:26 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that looks beautiful.   I bet the ordinary Form mass is beautiful as well.

LOL.  Thanks, that was a good one!
(08-24-2013, 08:21 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]

The ditching of the Cramner table usually does the trick I would say 80% of the time.

It's possible in poorer Churches to just build the upper Altar into the wall of the Church, push the Cranmer table to a place underneath the newly built upper Altar (both need to match, of course). This saves a little money.

What were they thinking of when they reduced the Altar to a table, Wait, I know.....Altar calls to mind Sacrifice, while table means a Communal meal. Our "separated brethren" (& some of our own Catholics), for whom this NO. Mass was designed.......... don't like the idea of being reminded of the horrible Sacrifice Christ made to save their soul.

Looking out my window, I can see a carpet of rich green, a tree just a bit lighter & flowers of white, purple & pink. He didn't create a black & white world..........which he could have & the trees would have still born fruit,. the grass could still have made food for our livestock. the acorns & nuts would still nourish squirrels & wildlife. However, he made a world vibrant with color & texture. Why, in the world did the clergy wreckovate our beautiful churches? Did they think God wasn't worth the money.

Thanks for these pictures & the music is sublime.