FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Convalidation: Check.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just wanted to share the good news: my wife and I had our marriage convalidated today. It was a very simple ceremony with only two witnesses, but we are happy. After a year, I was finally able to go to Confession and receive Holy Communion.

Please keep us in your prayers!
Great news! :tiphat:

:)  Good for you guys! Much happiness!
I'm so happy for you Damooster! A beautiful day for you and the Mrs. The Lord is good!
I don't know the backstory, but congrats!
(09-01-2013, 10:59 AM)2Vermont Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the backstory, but congrats!

Short story: I met a woman online and fell madly in love with her. September 2012, I moved to Vietnam to be with her (she is from the Philippines but she was working in Vietnam). After a few months, we traveled to her home country to marry. We could not get married in Vietnam since we aren't citizens and we couldn't marry in the Church in the Philippines because the counseling and everything would have taken months (we had to get back to our jobs in Vietnam). So we were civilly married.

The convalidation process was very smooth. Our parishes sent the proper documents to the priest here, he did some work and then met with us to discuss things. Then we scheduled the ceremony for this morning, right after morning Confession.
This is really wonderful news.  The convalidation itself is great and also you are restored to receiving the Sacraments.  Thanks for sharing.
(09-01-2013, 09:55 AM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]Please keep us in your prayers!

moo, may ss. joachim and anne intercede for you and your wife and may our lord richly bless your family.
May you be blessed with many children. I'm married to a Filipina too.  We were married two years ago when she moved here to the US. I wrote a travel blog when I visited her in the Philippines:

www.philippinesisawesome.blogspot.com 
(09-01-2013, 04:16 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]May you be blessed with many children. I'm married to a Filipina too.  We were married two years ago when she moved here to the US. I wrote a travel blog when I visited her in the Philippines:

www.philippinesisawesome.blogspot.com 

The Philippines are awesome. Nice blog. I really enjoyed my three weeks there this past January. We first stayed in Manilla, then went to Boracay, Davao and Bicol. We will move there in a few years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4