FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: World Youth Day 2013: Showcase of Liturgical Abuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I'm wondering when watching this when the "Catholic" part starts...
(09-05-2013, 03:21 PM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: [ -> ]

It doesn't start. New Church, new religion, new way of doing things.
I only watched the first minute and a half, but it gave me the strange impression of something I'd see on the Disney Channel. Mark my words, the One World Religion of the NWO will be known by it's hip-hop group dance moves to catchy pop tunes.  :grandpa:

Yes, it looks and sounds more like protestant praise and worship service than Mass.  :'((
I refuse to watch it.  Because then I'd have to defend my rad trad, "bad Catholic" reply. 
I was informed that it had to have been catholic -- since the Bishop of Rome was there.  :readrules:
(09-05-2013, 03:31 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]

It doesn't start. New Church, new religion, new way of doing things.

You know, I have been fighting this for way too long.  It is a new religion.
(09-05-2013, 07:54 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: [ -> ]I was informed that it had to have been catholic -- since the Bishop of Rome was there.  :readrules:

Yes, I can't wait to read the posts that defend this.
St Pius of Trent, it looks like no one wants to touch this with a ten-foot pole.
(09-06-2013, 04:59 PM)2Vermont Wrote: [ -> ]St Pius of Trent, it looks like no one wants to touch this with a ten-foot pole.

I have no misgivings, both of you.  It's just that for me, the entire event is an unseemly and ingratiating spectacle.  Mind  you, I can definitely see the purpose and the value in a Youth gathering (world or otherwise), but I think the "partying" atmosphere should be separated from the liturgical one.  I understand that there were some workshops there.  The idea of that (I don't know what the content was) sounds terrific: a chance to meet & greet in person, complete with the live enthusiasm for --not just the faith-- but Catholic activism, since activism particularly ignites young people, and they have lots of creative ideas about organizing and mobilizing.

I also think that, being that they are so influenced by each other, it is a positive spiritual experience for them to connect with each other.  Again, no problem with that concept, per se.

I think it would be more valuable to have a solemn Mass (or 2, one at the beginning, one at the end), with activities, workshops, and socializing in between.  JMO.