FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I need help to go to cofession please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey

Unfortunately its 5. 17 am and I find myself after another terrible drinking spree.
I though abot talking to AA, but they are all mugs, who live off one another.
Anyway, I decided I will go this Saturday to confession, its been years.
It will be a NO Priest.
What do I say Huh? I forget  Cry
Please help
Chris87,

A great positive step.  Keep it simple. More important than knowing exactly what to say is to take the quiet time required to undergo an honest examination of your conscience between now and Saturday.  When you enter the confessional, tell the priest how long it has been since your last confession, along with your sincere desire to confess your sins to almighty god. There is no one perfect in the confessional. Once you have been absolved, you may (depending on the priest) be asked to recite an act of contrition

I will pray for you tonite.
You may be able to go to your parish for daily Mass and afterwards just ask the priest if he'll hear your Confession.  Just write down a list of your sins before you go, and SAFELY burn it after.  The sooner you go, the better, especially if you have mortal sins.  If you have mortal sins, remember to skip receiving Communion until after Confession.

This is the form I use:

Bless me father, for I have sinned.
It has been [how long] since my last Confession.
I accuse myself of the following sins:
[list all sins in number and kind.  Having a list helps!]
For these sins and all of the sins of my past life, I ask for pardon from God and penance and absolution from you, father.

Then just listen.[/list]
Thanks tax and dark lancer ... I really need to get myself better soon  sad(
I am going to write that down dark lancer and put all my confessons on a big piece of paper... can you all please pray for me I make it on Saturday  Cry(
(09-11-2013, 12:52 AM)Chris87 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks tax and dark lancer ... I really need to get myself better soon  sad(
I am going to write that down dark lancer and put all my confessons on a big piece of paper... can you all please pray for me I make it on Saturday   Cry(

If it's after 5am now, your church might have daily Mass sometime in the next few hours.  Try to get there and ask for Confession after Mass.
(09-11-2013, 12:54 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2013, 12:52 AM)Chris87 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks tax and dark lancer ... I really need to get myself better soon  sad(
I am going to write that down dark lancer and put all my confessons on a big piece of paper... can you all please pray for me I make it on Saturday   Cry(

If it's after 5am now, your church might have daily Mass sometime in the next few hours.  Try to get there and ask for Confession after Mass.

Brother I have been drinking for a long period again unfortunately , using stupid world cup football for an excuse, there is no possible way I will stay awake for church. And if I did I would sleep all afternoon, I think I should write my concisions on a piece of paper, and stop pretending I can help myself , because obviously I am unable to help myself  sad(
I am so scared when I go to sleep , all I see is the devil ( although that can be explained through alcoholism  ) I am going to watch videos of the Virgin from now on before bed .....
I feel so alone  sad( ..... I need to get better
Hang in there! Praying for you that you make a good confession. Say the Prayer for the Canonisation of the Venerable Matt Talbot, and ask God's help by Matt's intercession.

Prayer for the Canonisation of Matt Talbot

Lord, in your servant, Matt Talbot you
have given us a wonderful example of
triumph over addiction, of devotion to
duty, and of lifelong reverence for the
Holy Sacrament. May his life of
prayer and penance give us courage
to take up our crosses and follow in the
footsteps of Our Lord and Saviour,
Jesus Christ.

Father, if it be your will that your
beloved servant should be glorified by
your Church, make known by your
heavenly favours the power he enjoys in
your sight. We ask this through the
same Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Matt was a hard core alcoholic from the age of 13 until he was 28. Then he went to Confession and 'took the pledge'. He died 41 years later, in the odour of sanctity, without ever having another drink. His Cause was introduced a number of years ago.

He said:

The Venerable Matt Talbot Wrote:Never be too hard on the man who can’t give up drink. It’s as hard to give up the drink as it is to raise the dead to life again. But both are possible and even easy for Our Lord. We have only to depend on him.

http://www.catholicireland.net/saintofth...ers-saint/

http://www.savior.org/saints/talbot.htm

Chris, the perfect, "been Catholic all my life" sorta Catholic way of going to Confession can be seen on this page:  http://www.fisheaters.com/penance.html

-- but, dude, seriously, if you show up and just tell Father that you want to confess but haven't been in a while and are "rusty" at it, not sure what to do, he will undoubtedly talk you through everything. Just show up and be contrite. That's all you really gotta do...

I feel so sad for you... I wish I could do something to help you. But I know that Christ, through your priest, will be doing something really good for you when you go to Confession. I betcha $10 -- er, quid? -- you'll feel a lot better when you're done...

-- But still, some natural sources of happiness are nice, too.  Do you live all by yourself? Do you have a pet? If not, can you have one where you live? Maybe you need a good ole scoob to pal up with!

What fascinates you? Is there something you like to do that requires focus and creativity? Sometimes, in addition to the Sacraments, prayer, and focusing outward onto others, plain ole distraction is the thing. Sometimes just getting through the night is all a body can handle, and if that's the case with you right now, maybe you're needing something to work on or play at that you find some pleasure in and that distracts you...

(09-11-2013, 01:14 AM)Chris87 Wrote: [ -> ]I am so scared when I go to sleep , all I see is the devil ( although that can be explained through alcoholism  ) I am going to watch videos of the Virgin from now on before bed .....
I feel so alone   sad( ..... I need to get better

Well, I wouldn't worry about the devil, since you're planning to go to confession as soon as possible. But if I were you I would go AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Seriously, as soon as you can, after making a good examination of conscience- call your priest and make an appointment. Til then, have confidence in God.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5