FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Atheists in Heaven/Married Priests? RADIO SHOW FRIDAY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

------------------------------------------------------

Atheists in Heaven?
Married Priests?

Bp. Sanborn and Fr. Cekada live on the latest from "Pope Francis"

FRIDAY, Sept. 13, 2013                        LIVE!
7:00 PM EDT                                        SPECIAL EDITION

Restoration Radio

Listen at this link
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/restoration...-to-heaven

(949) 272-9417: call in to speak with host.

An atheist like Richard Dawkins can shine up his halo. "Papa Bergoglio" now says he can get to heaven without faith.

And Bergoglio's new appointee for Vatican Secretary of State, Abp. Pietro Parolin, recently hinted that now may be the time to allow married priests.

Join us as hosts Nicholas Wansbutter and Justin Soeder discuss these developments with Bishop Donald Sanborn of Most Holy Trinity Seminary, Brooksville FL and Father Anthony Cekada of St. Gertrude the Great Church, West Chester OH.

Phone lines will be open at air time and we will be taking your calls throughout the duration of the show. We will also be monitoring Twitter (@TrueRestoration) and you are welcome to email questions before and during the show.
(09-12-2013, 08:19 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]------------------------------------------------------

Atheists in Heaven?
Married Priests?

7:00 PM EDT                                         SPECIAL EDITION

Restoration Radio

Listen at this link

An atheist like Richard Dawkins can shine up his halo. "Papa Bergoglio" now says he can get to heaven without faith.

And Bergoglio's new appointee for Vatican Secretary of State, Abp. Pietro Parolin, recently hinted that now may be the time to allow married priests.

Join us as hosts Nicholas Wansbutter and Justin Soeder discuss these developments with Bishop Donald Sanborn of Most Holy Trinity Seminary, Brooksville FL and Father Anthony Cekada of St. Gertrude the Great Church, West Chester OH.

Phone lines will be open at air time and we will be taking your calls throughout the duration of the show. We will also be monitoring Twitter (@TrueRestoration) and you are welcome to email questions before and during the show.

Sincere question; if one doubts the validity of your ordination, can we start calling you "Father" using the quotation marks without it being disrespectful?
I think it's time for a married priesthood in the Latin Rite.  We could use normal, balanced, psychosexually healthy, heterosexual men in the priesthood.  Having a married priesthood is an excellent way to draw them in.

And there are no atheists in heaven.  Right?  Smile
(09-12-2013, 08:25 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]Sincere question; if one doubts the validity of your ordination, can we start calling you "Father" using the quotation marks without it being disrespectful?

As my grandfather used to say, "Call me anything but late for dinner!"  Smile

Seriously, though, I have no difficulty referring to members of the post-Vatican II hierarchy by titles such as Father, Bishop, Cardinal, etc. This practice is a matter of courtesy.

Given the unique role of the papal office in the Church, though, I won't as a rule refer to Paul VI and his successors by properly papal titles, because when you criticize the errors of these men while referring to them with the word "pope," it necessarily implies that you are attacking the Vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth. The R&R crowd who believe in a cardboard pope ("for display purposes only") may see no problem in having it both ways, but I certainly do.

And remember, Francis himself avoids using the title, so those of us who are skeptical about his right to it can hardly be scored as being disrespectful.
(09-12-2013, 08:40 PM)guacamole Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's time for a married priesthood in the Latin Rite.  We could use normal, balanced, psychosexually healthy, heterosexual men in the priesthood.  Having a married priesthood is an excellent way to draw them in.

Spoken like someone who has never heard confessions or done any marriage counseling...  Eye-roll
(09-12-2013, 08:25 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2013, 08:19 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]------------------------------------------------------

Atheists in Heaven?
Married Priests?

Restoration Radio

Listen at this link

Sincere question; if one doubts the validity of your ordination, can we start calling you "Father" using the quotation marks without it being disrespectful?

How incredibly rude. You owe Father a public apology.
(09-12-2013, 09:08 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2013, 08:25 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]

Atheists in Heaven?
Married Priests?

Restoration Radio

Listen at this link

How incredibly rude. You owe Father a public apology.

Agreed.
(09-12-2013, 08:40 PM)guacamole Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's time for a married priesthood in the Latin Rite.  We could use normal, balanced, psychosexually healthy, heterosexual men in the priesthood.  Having a married priesthood is an excellent way to draw them in.

And there are no atheists in heaven.  Right?  Smile

I suspect this is a fallacy. What studies have been done? What research? And what are the implications for the continuation of Christendom?

I do, with greatest regret feel that we are not looking to The Church's future, but dancing on the precipice of Hell itself.
(09-12-2013, 09:08 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: [ -> ]How incredibly rude. You owe Father a public apology.

Thanks, Lateran, but no offense taken. I think he just wanted an explanation.
(09-12-2013, 08:52 PM)FatherCekada Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2013, 08:25 PM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]Sincere question; if one doubts the validity of your ordination, can we start calling you "Father" using the quotation marks without it being disrespectful?

As my grandfather used to say, "Call me anything but late for dinner!"  Smile

Seriously, though, I have no difficulty referring to members of the post-Vatican II hierarchy by titles such as Father, Bishop, Cardinal, etc. This practice is a matter of courtesy.

Given the unique role of the papal office in the Church, though, I won't as a rule refer to Paul VI and his successors by properly papal titles, because when you criticize the errors of these men while referring to them with the word "pope," it necessarily implies that you are attacking the Vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth. The R&R crowd who believe in a cardboard pope ("for display purposes only") may see no problem in having it both ways, but I certainly do.

And remember, Francis himself avoids using the title, so those of us who are skeptical about his right to it can hardly be scored as being disrespectful.

I appreciate your response, because my question was sincere and genuine.  Most of the folks who hold your position are not clergy, so you present an interesting perspective.  Like I said, I'm primarily interested to know if you would be insulted if people called you "Father" Anthony using the same methodology you use towards the Pope.  I know that Francis has asked others to not use the title, but it's less to do with that and more to do with the quotation marks you're using.  Calling him "Pope Francis" would be the same if people called you "Father" Anthony if they doubted your ordination.

So you won't refer to Paul VI, JP1, JP2, BXVI, and Francis as "popes" - because if you did it would appear that you are criticizing the office?  Do you call them by their Pope names usually, or their original names?  I'm assuming the latter because acknowledging the name change would be like acknowledging the reason they changed their names.
Pages: 1 2 3 4